Thread: dealing with sad news

dealing with sad news

Hi sorry to post yet again but I got woke up this morning with a fpne call from my sister that one of my auntie and a cousin have just passes away I knew my auntie was dieng but hearing the news that she has gone now and getting the nees about my cousin too my anxiety is thro the rooof and I'm thinking alsorts now ie will all this make my anxiety worse will i be ok will this news tip me over the egde and they say it comes in 3s,I m trying to tell my self theses thoughts is just anxiety talking sorrypost again just want to tell some one how I'm feeling and supose abit of reasirance that its all normal wat I'm feeling at the moment .

Re: dealing with sad news

I am so sorry to hear your news that is very sad. Give yourself time to grieve in your way and take each day as it comes

Thk u chocalateface xx

This is really sad news for you, Tricia, so it's bound to shake you up. It's a perfectly normal reaction but you are and will be fine-"sayings" are just "sayings" ie a series of words which won't apply to you or anyone.

Tricia,

I'm really sorry to hear your bad news.

Grief does cause some intense emotions and it gets you questioning your own mortality too.

As pulisa says, it's just a saying. Sayings tend to be from observations and they grow but they are never always right. The simple test is to think something will happen in a 3 and then you see if doesn't, which pokes a great big hole straight in such a saying.

I think the anxiety is intensified because of the shock of hearing this and it will try and draw comparisons and make you think things but none of this is real and it can't make anything happy. But anxiety and depression getting a bit worse with such shocks is normal and it will recede as time moves on so you don't need to be worrying about it making worse long term or how it may make you act because you are still you and have control over everything.

Take it one day at a time. Talk on here to people for some support and to your family. Grief is a natural process and different for us all but time helps.

Thk you terry and pulisa I'm very grateful for your advice and support, it was shock and like you said just take each day as it comes and I'm going to be ok so thank u.

I'm so sorry Tricia.

One loss is hard enough, but then a second too is very, very hard to comprehend and take in. It would traumatise anyone, even those not struggling with anxiety.

I agree with everyone else here. You have had an awful shock - even when you know someone is seriously ill, it doesn't cushion the blow - and time is what is needed, as well as being with your nearest and dearest for support.

A big hug to you. xx

Thread Information