Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May Vs Leadsom

Re: May Vs Leadsom

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...foreign-secre/

So I take it this Angela Eagle person isn't too keen on Mr. Johnson.

No, she's on the opposition party, Labour, he's in the incumbent government, Conservative.

She can mock all she wants but she's a "shadow" minister which is political speak for the loser no one should listen too. He was mocked constantly for the same reasons in that article but the people of London still voted him in as mayor.

Eagle is currently challenging for leadership of Labour. She is gay and that will open up a new question as a PM for some people. I think she should stick to taking on her leader and forget about the rest but you know how politics is, they mud sling to make the press and up their profiles. It gives their cronies a laugh but the people will ask who is she to even comment?

Boris as FM is perhaps a compromise by May to show willingness to Leave? He's in a key position to work on policy with people like Obama and the whole Brexit issue.

So I take it this Angela Eagle person isn't too keen on Mr. Johnson.
    She is not my favourite.

I think Teresa May has made some good changes and more to come.
    She will also get on well with the Queen.
    We may be surprised by her leadership. She has the experience and qualifications.
    I was not a fan to begin with, but we will see.
    Electing Boris is a cunning move on her part. Maybe this is what Boris wanted?

Yeah...the Boris Johnson appointment was probably in the works and that's why he backed out early. It also bodes well for making Brexit come to pass don't you think?

Definitely. It's got 'Deal' written all over it.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...green-vampire/

PM May seems to mean business.

---------- Post added 15-07-16 at 01:02 ---------- Previous post was 14-07-16 at 21:49 ----------

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...-boris-johnso/

Obummer is such a turd.

Obama who? That's what you would get from a lot of people in the UK. We don't care what he has to say.

He made his threat to get us to vote Remain and it didn't work. Within days of the result he was doing a you turn wanting the "special relationship" to continue, we had talks about being invited to join the North Atlantic group and he was saying the deal going through with the EU could be used to broker one with the UK using the same format.

We called you out, Obama. You proved you talk a lot more than you act. Something people outside of the US would probably say about him.

Boris had a dig at him because Obama was telling us to stay and one of the issues is losing control of our country to Brussels. There was a certain irony (or is it hypocrisy?) of an American telling us to stick with Europe and not become independent...especially given it was the end of June! Obviously times have moved on but Boris batted him away with a remark about that.

Can you imagine the call between Obama and May? A minute of well wishes followed by 10 minutes of advice to her on running a country and another 10 about sticking with the US. I can imagine May rolling her eyes through a lot of it.

---------- Post added at 05:41 ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 ----------

New broom.

DECC going must have been on the cards inside the party for it to go so quickly.

If it causes Climate Change Levy (CCL) to reduce, the businesses will be happy.

There's so much BS in science about climate change anyway, it's hard to know what the hell is actually going on. How scientists can be so polarised is a major problem, science should be able to prove things so all agree based on results.

Given many of the claims of scientists over climate change have completely failed to occur, it makes you wonder what some of them were smoking at the time.

It reminds me of the TV programme Tomorrow's World which used to tell us how we would be living in a couple of decades time. How much of that has ever come true? Shouldn't I be flying around in my own hover car by now?

---------- Post added at 06:52 ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    This made me laugh:

which could safely be handed over to the losers, perverts and half wits the Liberal Democrat party tends to attract.

I think we could safely say with the rise of Corbyn as Labour leader, they have gravitated across now.

Hey Terry - See how Obummer treats US Allies? With friends like that who needs enemies!

N.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ust-netanyahu/

Ah, the old "deleted emails", lost the paperwork, cop out. Didn't put conditions on how to spend it? Hmm...so if you gave the IRA $350,000 you would claim 'we never told them to buy those boxes of C4' and all would be good?

He said he regularly deleted emails with large attachments — a striking violation of open-records laws for a department already reeling from former Secretary Hillary Clinton’s handling of official government records.

What BS. I worked for a multinational before I qui over my anxiety and for some years they had brought in a system to handle large attachments by keeping them separate and adding a link to the mail before passing it through. Anything larger than that needed IT to help...yet someone this important doesn't have anything like that?

Big attachments? So, with an enormous government IT resource that stores billions of terabytes of data, they couldn't handle his "large" attachments? Surely if they were that large they wouldn't have been send able? AND how did they make through firewalls and across servers before plopping into his email inbox? What a load of utter BS.

State Department spokesman John Kirby said they had not had time to go through the report and he couldn’t comment on it. He also didn’t comment on Mr. Ratney’s practice of deleting official records.

Is that called "doing an ostrich?"

Mr. Ratney, one of the two officials, said he remembered getting an email from OneVoice, but didn’t recall seeing the attached file detailing the group’s political strategy.

The State Department was unable to recover the email, but investigators got it from OneVoice.

Denied it ever got there. No one could find a trace of an email going across servers? Crikey, I've had IT guys doing that for me in the past and it's been no problem for them. BS again, and then gets called out by them getting it from the other side, no doubt with a stamp showing it exited their system and they had a confirmation back? Maybe your government should get these people in to update their pre 1990's email software...it sounds that old?

Mr. Ratney later told investigators he regularly deleted emails with attachments “in order to maintain my inbox under the storage limit.” He told investigators he “did not know [he] was required to archive routine emails.”

Ok, at my place we had this and we allocated larger inboxes to those that needed them. But the "link to file" software did away with it all anyway. It was pretty standard software for exchange servers from what I recall when it came in some years ago.

Someone in a position where he deals with secretive information and he doesn't know it needs to be saved for other members of his country at some point. Christ, you guys better hope he doesn't end up in the CIA.

Actually, this might be good. I could do with $350k. How can I contact your State dept with where I want my "loan" sent to?

This is why the US gets a bad name internationally. Countries tend to prefer to deal with their own issues but the US (the government, not the people) have a habit of going around telling the rest of the world what to do.

Obama does so much talking, as compared to actions, and with his threats to us over Brexit, and quick u-turn, he should be known as O'blah-blah.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 17-07-16 at 11:05.

Well, I'm liking Mrs May so far.

I like that she is keeping order. I like that she is resisting playing the media game and concentrating on keeping deals behind closed doors so the EU don't know our hand. She's taking a lot of criticism for inertia but I don't understand that, you don't go around telling everyone how you are going to play your game!

I'm not sure about grammar schools though, that doesn't sit right with me AND the evidence just isn't there that they work. I'm not a fan of creating class divides, I hate degree snobs & such. It matters to me about getting the job done, not some insignificant letters on a piece of paper. Surely the multiple streams we have in schools now are more flexible to allow for changes in the pupil's learning rather than relying on one exam?

I'm liking her telling the Remain camp snobs (not anyone on here that has been discussing Brexit) that their superiority complex needs to be reigned in. Degrees don't make people savvy. Besides, anything other than a relevant degree and it's worthless in that debate. It reminds me of Tony Blair's snobbery in saying he wouldn't trust the people to make this decision.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information