Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Needing major reasurence please...

Re: Needing major reasurence please...

Jenjar, I know you are suffering and I know it's a terrible feeling but I feel you will get all the answers you are looking for in the link I provided previously. dpselfhelp.com specializes in DP/DR and there is a whole community there of people who are willing to help.

Also, there are an increasing number of really helpful videos on YouTube. Ill post 2 videos that REALLY helped me and I would recommend subscribing to the posters and watching all their videos. Hang in there, it's only temporary!

https://youtu.be/vpX051fZrps

https://youtu.be/n9yxW_8CoNI

Hello, sorry back again as I'm really struggling. I literally feel like I don't know who the hell I am or if I've even been here before. My room and surrounding look like I've never seen them before let alone lived in them. I can't get and escape from
    It at all. I just feel wrong all over in my body that feels so strange. I went to bed last night after another awful day feelings so odd and I've not slept well...at around 4am I can feel awful tingling feeling rise up my body and I'm just petried that I'm actually here, real And a person. I feel like a complete stranger. I'm so consumed with it I'm struggling to find anything to distract myself with as I'm constantly fearing whether I know who I am and if a person is meant to feel like this. My head feels strange and my brain feels detached making me feel so confused and a little disorientated.
    I know I'm meant to accept it but I'm just finding it hard as everyday feels so much worse than before and I don't really know what to do. Many thanks xx
    Last edited by Sugarplum001; 15-07-16 at 07:47.

Hi Mike thank you for the reply and for the links to the videos.
    I have been on dpself help but I find it depressing/worrying because there are people on there who've suffered with it for many years and I end worrying that I will as its already been 11months. I can't stand feeling so strange, everything feels so unfamiliar - even having a shower feels so abnormal to me and I constantly have thoughts that I'm not real / nothing is real x

Quote Originally Posted by Jenijar View Post
    Hi Mike thank you for the reply and for the links to the videos.
    I have been on dpself help but I find it depressing/worrying because there are people on there who've suffered with it for many years and I end worrying that I will as its already been 11months. I can't stand feeling so strange, everything feels so unfamiliar - even having a shower feels so abnormal to me and I constantly have thoughts that I'm not real / nothing is real x
    Just read the recovery stories forums on DPSelfhelp. I think it will do you good. There is not enough activity on this forum with regards to DP/DR for you to get the answers you are looking for.

Ow gosh I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself again just can't seem to calm it and it seems to be escalating. I really feel like I've just been put here 5 mins ago and don't know who, where or what I am. My room feels so strange and unfamiliar to me and nothing in it seems like mine. It's so light tonight which is sending me worse as it doesn't feel right. I'm so tired but scared to sleep as I lay here feeling so strange in my body like I literally have just never been here before. I've tried to breath and listen to calming music but can't seem to stop my mind. The feelings are so overwhelming.xx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information