Thread: Depersonalization

Depersonalization

Had terrible return of anxiety after and leading up to exams. On propranolol again after a much calmer time. Now feel stuck on myself and shaky. Mornings are horrible. Really struggling with that depersonalization thing, like talking to people and not feeling real..especially with close ones. You start questioning everything, and worry a lot about it. Girlfriend says if I stop focusing on it it will go. U guys get it too?

Re: Depersonalization

I really feel for you, I had that for a few days back in 2010, give me every other symptom but not that!

Your GF is absolutely right, it will go away although it looks like it won't but I assure you it will and with some therapy you will cope better and that part will never return again!

Hang in there, I promise it will pass

Estranged

Quote Originally Posted by jew2 View Post
    Had terrible return of anxiety after and leading up to exams. On propranolol again after a much calmer time. Now feel stuck on myself and shaky. Mornings are horrible. Really struggling with that depersonalization thing, like talking to people and not feeling real..especially with close ones. You start questioning everything, and worry a lot about it. Girlfriend says if I stop focusing on it it will go. U guys get it too?

Have you checked out the DP/DR board?

I'm sure will get some support on there too.

Sorry to hear that buddy.i know how you feel with DP iv suffered with this for years and get it a lot at the moment.makes comunicating very hard..makes me feel like the person im talking to seem like im in a reality show or something and a overwelming feeling that its just not real at all and i also zoom in on my own voice and my own body movements..hate it..hope it passes soon mate

Thanks guys, haven't had it much so scary. Ocd throwing its our in too, like keep thinking what if I'm notbreal, is this real etc..know its intrusive thoughts but when your shaky its stronger..

Thread Information