Thread: Depersonalization

Depersonalization

I'm going through severe anxiety since exams, on propranolol again. Mornings shaky and lots of depersonalization. Never had it much, as anxiety normally manageable. But this has scared me. Since I had a bit of a meltdown I haven't felt myself. With girlfriend the other night and felt so detached and like looking through a camerah. You start to question what's real, what's what. Even though I know its just an anxiety. Ocd been strong too, with new ones. Girlfriend has a
    Experience and said it will pass when I stop focusing on it and worrying. Any ideas on how to handle it?

Re: Depersonalization

I wish I could give you some helpful advice. Instead, I could comfort you by telling you that I know how you feel because my panic attacks manifest as depersonalisation. It's a horrible feeling, isn't it? Nothing seems real. When I get it, I fear losing my mind, even though I know that's impossible.

What is possible, though, is recovery. It really does get better. I know it's hard to see it when you're going through a lot, but the journey to recovery is never a straightforward one, and the depersonalisation will decrease once you've got to a better place. Sometimes it's a matter of waiting it out.

Thread Information