Thread: Stevens-Johnson Syndrome

Stevens-Johnson Syndrome

Hi, I've been a lurker of this page for quite a while now but I haven't really gotten to post anything. So hello.

Yesterday, i went for a first molar extraction and I was prescribed with amoxicillin and painkillers. This morning when I woke up, I had blisters on my lips. Being the worry wart that I am, I Googled it and I stumbled across this disease and I can't just can't stop googling it. And now I think I might have it. Sigh. I'm freaking out. Is the blister on my mouth a normal side effect?

Re: Stevens-Johnson Syndrome

Blister on the mouth can be a side-effect of amoxicillin. But unless it's really severe, it's nothing to worry about. Actually, blisters can be caused by stress as well. They're pretty benign, even though painful, most of the time.

Besides, the really dangerous part of the Stevens-Johnson syndrome is the skin necrosis, that's what kills you, not the mouth blisters. If your skin is fine than you don't have Stevens-Johnson, it's simple as that.
    Last edited by Bearinmind; 09-07-16 at 16:44.

Thread Information