Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor sleep

Poor sleep

I have been suffering with poor sleep for months now. When I first had the anxiety I had a terrible bout of insomnia that lasted for weeks. I would literally go days without sleeping and I felt so unwell because of it as my anxiety and depression became more entrenched.

Now at least I am getting some sleep but it is still very poor. I fall asleep on the sofa usually in front of the TV and then when I go up to bed I find myself waking during the night several times and I can't get back to sleep. I always wake up fully about 5am, no matter what time I go to bed or how many times I've woken, and that's it, I'm awake for the day then.

I used to be a brilliant sleeper before all this started in November last year, I could go to bed at 10pm and sleep right around until about 7am. Now I'm lucky if I get 5hrs per night and when I wake up I feel exhausted, like I haven't been to bed. I do hope this improves over time because it is really affecting my quality of life.

Re: Poor sleep

Morning mojo sorry to hear your not sleeping I was the same I used to sleep brilliant 9 hours straight then anxiety kicked in and woke almost every hour then started cit and my sleep was worse. I have a routine at bedtime now I go to bed between half 8 and 9 I have a tv in my room so I put a film on and drop off around half 10 then wake about 4 then I'm awake at half 5 6ish which is good for me at the moment. Try getting a bedtime routine it helps me loads mojo I think I've had 1 full nights sleep in 14 weeks but I'm better than I was hope this helps xx

Thanks Becky. I'm hoping that over time it will correct itself as I haven't read too many posts on here about Cit causing long term sleep issues. I take mine very early in the morning too so hopefully that helps.

I've decided to come off the citolapram. Even though I am better than I was the side affects arnt really getting easier. I think I'm going to come off and see how I really feel with nothing in me. Surly I won't feel this exhausted, achy,head ache, starving,no motivation or energy. I had more energy before the cit..my sleep rubbish and all over place. X

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    I have been suffering with poor sleep for months now. When I first had the anxiety I had a terrible bout of insomnia that lasted for weeks. I would literally go days without sleeping and I felt so unwell because of it as my anxiety and depression became more entrenched.

Now at least I am getting some sleep but it is still very poor. I fall asleep on the sofa usually in front of the TV and then when I go up to bed I find myself waking during the night several times and I can't get back to sleep. I always wake up fully about 5am, no matter what time I go to bed or how many times I've woken, and that's it, I'm awake for the day then.

I used to be a brilliant sleeper before all this started in November last year, I could go to bed at 10pm and sleep right around until about 7am. Now I'm lucky if I get 5hrs per night and when I wake up I feel exhausted, like I haven't been to bed. I do hope this improves over time because it is really affecting my quality of life.
    I believe you will go back to your normal sleeping habits eventually. You said you've always been a good sleeper. If you said you've always been a poor sleeper then I would say it's just the way you are. But that's not the case. I tend to think it's just something temporary you're going through.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by pollynewsome View Post
    I've decided to come off the citolapram. Even though I am better than I was the side affects arnt really getting easier. I think I'm going to come off and see how I really feel with nothing in me. Surly I won't feel this exhausted, achy,head ache, starving,no motivation or energy. I had more energy before the cit..my sleep rubbish and all over place. X
    Oh Polly, I'm sorry to hear this. How long have you been on it for?

ive been on 10mg for 4 weeks and 20mg for 14 week, x

And you don't feel any better?

not really..its all physical.. ache, no energy or motivation, need to yawn etc.. rubbish i guess. x

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

When i was at about 7-8 weeks i think it was i did notice some improvement and i think i posted a positive post but just this last week and half felt rubbish again.. x

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

yes week 9 when i started dipping and havent really recovered from that. Hows you Mojo? x

Not too bad thanks Polly. I'm sorry to hear you aren't having much luck with the Citalopram at the moment. Try to hold on a bit longer if you can as I'm sure things will improve in time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information