Thread: Pregnancy scan and anxiety about loss

Pregnancy scan and anxiety about loss

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this.

Looking for other people who have HA and are or have been in a similar situation. I am 6 weeks pregnant. I have been pregnant 5 times before and never seen anything on a scan :(
    I have HA and have had to have IVF and intensive medical support ( I could open a pharmacy with all the medication I am on!) It's been a big leap of faith for me to take some of the medication and to get so far (I'm on significant immunosuppression and as you can imagine I'm worried about damage to my body).

Thankfully last week we had a scan and saw two sacks. It was too early to see them inside but everything is bang on track. However I am so anxious that something will be wrong tomorrow. It's affecting my sleep etc. I feel so tense and bracing myself which I know is normal.. but would love to hear from others.

Space xxx

Re: Pregnancy scan and anxiety about loss

Hi

Congratulations on your first scan! I'm really sorry to hear what you've been through and I'm not surprised that you have HA after everything. I suffer with HA following a long breast cancer scare, (long story), however I also have suffered 2 miscarriages and had lots of IVF to have my little boy and like you was worried the whole time through my pregnancy. I was lucky to have a very good gynae with regualar scans which helped to relieve some of the fear, but unfortunately it never went until I had him in my arms! Unfortunately I worry about him too, but I think that's natural. I don't have any helpful advice I'm afraid, but really hope everything goes well for you.

xx

Thread Information