Thread: Ibs & family problems

Ibs & family problems

Hello everyone, this is my first post.
    I was diagnosed with Ibs in 2004 following the stress from being diagnosed with a nut & coconut allergy, failing my a levels & working in a job where the owner gave me a hard time & not being understanding.
    Another problem is my mum, she has never been an easy person to deal with, she did not get on with her own mother (my nan), my nan loved me more than her own daughter & I think there has been resentment because of this.
    When I lived at home, I was often forced to do things I did not want to do, like day trips, shopping, etc, saying no would cause problems.
    When I left home to live with my now Hubby things got better but still had to lie over the phone about what I was doing otherwise I won't get a break.
    Things got so bad the week before my wedding as me, Hubby, hubbys parents were forced by my mum to go out for a meal which ended up with my hubby having a go at her as she was rude to me & my mum in law during the meal, things did get better as my dad ended up having words with her.
    Things were going fine until March this year, my wing mirror on my car was knocked off & my dad offered to fix a new mirror on since he is a car mechanic, mum was not happy about this as it would affect her plans & kicked off, my dad stepped in again & had words & the mirror got fixed. Than my parents house got broken into & it affected me a lot as my old room was ransacked the worse & brought back some bad memories from the past as well as getting bad nightmares, I did contact victim support but got no help. My Ibs which was in remission has now returned, my mum is being a nightmare by always putting me down & making plans, we recently had to cancel going out for a meal as my hubby was working late, mum was not happy about it, problem would be it would be my fault if we were late, this has also been stressing my hubby out, we can't no longer hoast bbqs & partys as last year at the 3 we had my mum was very rude to some of our guests & they committed on it, it's got to the point now where my hubby said if she continues like this, she is being cut out of our lives & we move away as you can't say anything to her. I have referred myself to cbt to help with my stress & Ibs as I feel I can no longer cope & worry I end up being very ill for the rest of my live & end up having a breakdown if I don't do something, we are going out for a meal at the weekend for my mums birthday & both me & my hubby are dreading it.

Re: Ibs & family problems

sorry to hear about your situation...Im the hubby in your story....My wife has a very difficult Mother and what your going through is very similar to what we are going through...

You could be suffering from Parental Narcissist syndrome...

Google it..... My wife was at a loss and discovered this which has really helped her/us

Thread Information