Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: can i raise myself above these symptoms

Re: can i raise myself above these symptoms

This is all totally normal hun.

Unfortunately recovery is rarely a straight road. It tends to be a series of peaks and troughs.

Please don't be disheartened, you had a really good day on Thursday and that shows that you can have more of them.

Blips are inevitable, and not anything to worry about.

Don't let today put you off, keep plugging away and it will get easier.

Elen

Will it really? I just gone really far down again. I don't know what to do ortry. I can't tell anyone at home they will not understand, I am trying. So I said I,m having a lie down and shut bedrooom door

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Elen did you find it really hard?

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

Elen did you find it really hard?
    Last edited by busterrufus; 16-07-16 at 19:36. Reason: p

Quite normal, Ruth. The mind plays horrible tricks on you when you allow the thoughts in. I've had neurological tests in hospital, gastric symptoms, throat investigations, weird sensations and sensory disturbances everywhere...I "just" tell my symptoms to do their worst-I'm not afraid of them and they are boring..

It eventually lessens them but not immediately. Extremely high levels of arousal don't vanish overnight-it takes time, belief and lessening levels of anxiety to help the symptoms to diminish. It's certainly not something which happens quickly but you must believe that your symptoms are benign and not a threat to your life. Believe me, I've been in this quagmire but am still here to tell the tale....

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

And PLEASE try not to google or compare symptoms with previous posters-it's lethal and totally counterproductive to improvement.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

You are naturally terrified of your symptoms, Ruth, but you must try to allow yourself to accept them for what they are-harmless physical symptoms of anxiety

Thankyou pulisa. I am still afraid of them and I get agitated and tense against them. I will try to be stronger and pay them less attention.
    I did not revert to googling as I know it will make things worse. I will not look at older posts either.
    Maybe I am too impatient . Ooh I ll try and get thinking straight. I should have enough experience to get of this.
    Best wishes.

I don't think it's a question of being stronger. More trying not to react so acutely. Acknowledging your symptoms but not giving them undue attention.

Thankyou.

It's so awful. Yes I do have that automatic reaction to symptoms. The moment I wake up and most of the day. Takes hours to get up.
    Don't know how to get off fear cycle.
    I thought I would start feeling a little better after Thursday,even if it was just a little but the good feeling went. I'm glad I did it formy dads sake but at moment ifeel worse.
    Is making myself go for a short walk agood idea. I feel scred to meet anyone. Also scared to make it worse. Sitting here on my own thinking, I feel like a dog with a bone, worrying it all the time. Don't know if this makes sense.

It does very much make sense. Having too much time on your hands gives you plenty of time to ruminate. Can anyone go out with you for a short walk just to give you moral support?

Yes it does. Too much thinking time.
    When my husband gets back. I,ll ask him to walk with me for 10 mins.

Start small-whatever you can manage will be progress. But I would advise keeping up the short walks on a daily basis and gradually building up your time outside when you feel safe to do so. You have to make walking outside a routine thing again as opposed to something to be feared. Don't rush things

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information