Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: can i raise myself above these symptoms

Re: can i raise myself above these symptoms

I spent an hour sweating and feeling sick, waiting for my husband to come home, then went for a slow 10 minute walk, which is the most I can do at the moment. Since I got back I have felt sick and sweaty and with achy legs, good grief!
    I have had some good advice on the forum about not pushing my exercise. But I feel bad when don't do any, bad when ido. So I might as well do some. Just got to get it right. It does worry me that it hurts. Then that worry must cause more stress? Then I start to doubt whether I,m doing the right thing. Ifeel like a coiled spring again. Iwish I could see a bit of light light at end of the tunnel.
    I think I am going mad, sweating aching nauseous feeling of dread. Iwant to scream or cry to release it.

Do stress hormones really affect you all day like this
    there must be limit to how long it can go on for.

I can't do much of exercise which is one of the main think things which helps. I'm ramblin, so agitated. Think I kep forgetting to brathe
    I don't mean it helps me I mean its supposed to help. I keep checking to seeif my muscle are tense sometimes I can see they are. Can you be tense muscles an not even realise?
    Last edited by busterrufus; 17-07-16 at 16:55. Reason: p

You're overthinking this and just focussing on your symptoms, Ruth. It doesn't matter if you're achy and nauseous-it's all tense muscles and anxiety. We tense our muscles subconsciously when anxious. I'm not going to compare my symptoms with yours because it isn't helpful but I will say that nothing you have described seems alarming. You're in that spiralling anxiety treadmill and are completely focussed on your symptoms-I know distraction is impossible like this.

You aren't in any danger although your mind thinks you are and this is why you're so agitated. Is there anything you can do that you still enjoy or have you lost all interest in things you used to like? Can you ring your Dad for a brief chat or would this be too distressing? I don't expect you can concentrate on much?

Thankyou for replying pulisa.
    With anxiety in the past, my muscle pain was in my arms, head neck and chest. These are more acceptable symptoms to me now as they appear in all the books about anxiety. I can actually feel tension there now but not pain, which I find strange for me. Not that I want pain there, but I,m spooked by it changing position after years.

I can tell that you understand an awful lot of what's happening to me, sorry if it's happened to you but I know you are speaking from experience and appreciate that. A "spiralling anxiety treadmill" is exactly how it feels, I compared it a hamster who can't get off his wheel.

You are right I can't find distraction. I put lion king on tv to give me something to watch but had to turn it off when his father died as I got too upset. Ridiculous. I love to read but I'm reading the same page over and over but not taking it in.

By coincidence my dad did ring me earlier on and I spoke to him for a couple of minutes
    I cried a bit but I don't think he noticed.

Being self focused drives people away. My family don't want to hear the same moans over again they just want me happy but can,t getme to stop thinking like this. I need to find something positive to think about, I know that but as soon as I start thinking about things/people I enjoy the negative thoughts push their way in like a bully I can,t stand up against.
    I really do think that if a person has not felt like this, they can,t understand that's why I joined the forum after lurking for years.

But people do make their way out of it don't they?

Last edited by busterrufus; 17-07-16 at 19:39. Reason: p

Yes they do..as you will as well. It may not seem like it at the moment but with the right approach you will. Don't despair..you're doing fine. keep talking to your Dad-he cares deeply and just wants contact with you

I hope so. If I can just do the right things. Thanks pulisa I will keep in contact with my dad, I just don't like upsetting him.

He will be more upset if you shut yourself away and don't contact him?

Yes, I don't want that.

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

Aw no here it id again nsusea legs pain and burning. Feeling I sm dying. . When I go to bed it will be samein morning. Adrenaline? Can it do this. It cant be that mo one talks about it doing this just feel like I,m dying. Someone plarsr it cant be anxiety its lasting to long.twitching feel sick.

---------- Post added 18-07-16 at 00:15 ---------- Previous post was 17-07-16 at 23:16 ----------

Never want that to happen again. Happend twice one like after shock. Arms twitch ed to . Toes still crampy . Scared of going to sleep. Don't know why that happened I felt a bit better earlier. I don't want to wake my hubsnd I knoy he will say I'm panicking. Plz anyone tell me if it happened to you

---------- Post added at 00:39 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

I'm so scared about it. I,m on propranalol so it can't be a panic attack. I'm really scared if it happened to anyone please tell me. I can't relax. Please
    Pulisa had helped me and I felt a bit better but had felt bad all day. Well felt bad for days really.

Hang in there buster!

Propranalol isn't an anti-panic attack, it reduces anxiety and has been proven to cure it, but it's not effective on everyone. Also, if you keep feeding the anxiety no med will work on you (I know this from experience). Meds are meant to help you control your thoughts, they make it easier, but if you keep feeding the anxiety your anxiety will just suppress the meds.

You don't need to be in the middle of a panic attack to experience anxiety symptoms (focusing on them will cause a panic attack, however). Muscle twitches are one of the most common anxiety symptoms. Fear of sleep is also common in anxiety as sleep might feel like dying, but it's common, it's normal. You have been sleeping every day your whole life, there is nothing unnatural or dangerous to it. Crampy, numb, difficult to move toes is also common in panic attacks and after exercise.

Try to calm down, go watch something you love, do breathing exercises, go eat something. It will be hard on the first minutes, it won't appear to be working, you might even feel the symptoms stronger, but insist on it a little longer and the symptoms should reduce in intensity.
    Last edited by Bearinmind; 18-07-16 at 03:07.

Buster you have to find a way to stop focusing on your symptoms. I can see you are very distressed and I totally get it. I'm in and out of that fairly constantly recently. But find something to do, even for a few minutes to focus on something else. I find having a shower helps as I really enjoy it and the water on your skin can distract from all the other sensations. Give it a go?

Thanks both. I go try a horlicks and try calm down and relax. That was a shock. Bless you

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information