Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coming off Sertraline

Re: Coming off Sertraline

I have been on Sertraline for a year now and I can honestly say it has worked amazing. I started on 25 mg then slowly moved up to 100 within weeks and been on 100 mg for months now, but one problem now, I want to get pregnant with out having my baby drugged up on this crap. It sucks, I feel nauseous dizzy like a woshy feeling of faint like mad headaches and irritable. Ive read up to start taking doses every other day. It feels like this drug just has me hooked no matter what I feel like SHIT!

This is great, my son is away for 3 weeks and I have been weaning myself off them and yes I have been dizzy, nauseous and vague... am glad it is not just me - I was on 3 and now am on 1 - have been sleeping alot and seem to be worse around 11am to 3.00pm. I so want to get off them as did not like myself on them.... and have put on so much weight. Have tried, prozac, flouroxitine, citralopam and a couple others... I think I would rather get back to the nervous energy, I at least get some things done.. when I was on 3, I felt like a zombie.... I have another 8 days to recover before my son comes back, I think I will start the alternative days today... thank you for all your posts, they have been very helpful...

---------- Post added at 02:28 ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 ----------

To Moonbubble - yes that is what I am feeling, 'Hooked' it is awful beyond words... there must be better ways than this.... and yes you don't want to be pregnant on this stuff.... all the best.

---------- Post added at 02:35 ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 ----------

1http://www.comingoff.com/index.php?o...1&limitstart=1

---------- Post added at 02:37 ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 ----------

The above link is an article of the affects of coming off sertraline.... thought you may be interested, though you may have found it already... and yes I feel like rubbish, but if I can last the 3 weeks I will have a better idea if I need them long term or not... cheers Rae (I am just pleased my son is away)

I have been on Sertraline for 5 months and came off without telling doctor and had had awful side affects after 5 days of no tablets i was dizzy sick crying and worse than before so please take my advice and if you think your ready to come off them go and ask doctor first and do it properly. I am so cross with myself now!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information