Thread: Sert for GAD - Success Stories?

Sert for GAD - Success Stories?

Hi Folks

Have any of you had success with Sertraline stopping chronic anxiety. I have relapsed recently and my anxiety is back with full effect.I wake up in the morning feeling awful and this lasts the day. My anxiety then turns into depression as I get down about it. I'm currently on 40mg of Cit and have been taking this dose for over 3 months now. It just doesn't seem to be working like it has been previously.

Thanks

Rich

Re: Sert for GAD - Success Stories?

Hey Rich,

I am having the same problem. This is my third time on Cit and it dose not seem to be as effective. I wonder if this is a common problem when going on and off the same med. I have been on 20mg and just starting my 15th week.

I have been browsing the other med boards to see success with other meds too.

I've been on 50mg of Sertraline for 18 mths now.
    Works wonders

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Helps me, however I have completed me to realise it's more than just pills to get through this. That being said they do definitely push you in the right direction. Been on 100mg sine February! Second time on them took much longer to have any effect. 14 + weeks.

Are you both anxiety and depression free. If not are you levels low. Did you experience any start up side effects.

Arran interesting I am on celexa and i am in my 15th week and feel horrible. This is my third time on them and I don't feel like they are working like they have previously. Maybe I should give them a little longer, but I am hearing good things about zoloft.

Yes I'm so much better. I would before feel anxious and panic. Now when I feel anxious I think **** off!! Lol

I know what it is and u recognise the cycle the panic puts me in with anxiety and I don't allow myself to get caught up.

Side effects - couldn't sleep! Wake up at four AM daily and not able to sleep again. Stomach issues. All subsidised and I feel pretty good ATM

Good luck and it's got to be worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by Victory2016 View Post
    Hey Rich,

I am having the same problem. This is my third time on Cit and it dose not seem to be as effective. I wonder if this is a common problem when going on and off the same med. I have been on 20mg and just starting my 15th week.

I have been browsing the other med boards to see success with other meds too.
    Hey

I'vce just started to taper off. Some days I could be fine for a week but then I would suddenly have this mad anxiety and feel awful and depressed.

Have you started sert yet?

Rich

Thread Information