Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What the hell!!

Re: What the hell!!

Hi ana thanks for the message
    It's just really hard to do anything as you don't feel like yourself
    And your always going to be you
    If that makes sense :/

I know what you mean. All you want to do is analyse your symptoms and dissect all your feelings; it's almost like a guilty pleasure in a way. I find that doing things is the only solution to getting rid of depersonalisation. Just this morning, as I was feeling anxious and detached, I gave myself the task to organise, in a chronological order, all the photographs I could find in the house. It sounds silly, but I spent over an hour and a half on it,and because it was an immersive task, it made the anxiety go away.

I experienced this when taking Citalopram 3 years ago. It ultimately made me switch meds as it was constantly and I couldn't focus on anything. As soon as I switched (I was given Paroxetine) it went, well within a matter of days not instantaneously.
    It's awful I'm sorry you have dealt with this for so long.

hello thanks for the reply. yes this seemed to start to happen when i raised my ven to 225. but it could just be a coincidence. i really don't no :(

Hi guys. Do / did any of you guys have dp constantly. I mean where I'm constantly having the feelings that my body isn't mine, I'm
    Not in control of my body etc... And I mean constant by never ever getting a seconds relief from it ?
    Many thanks

Hey, I have it constantly! I've been suffering for about a year and a half but it subsided abit for a couple of months and I was getting on 'ok' and beginning to enjoy something's again but the last couple of months (especially last few weeks) have been complete hell with it. I really try tell myself it's ok it's just from anxiety but then I'm at it again really bad...don't know if I'm here, been here before, real or not, body feels so strange, feel stranger to myself just everything and it's getting too much. I've not lost all interest in any hobbies I had so finding it hard to try and distract. I'm not taking any medication...just the odd diazepam but that will only take a little edge off not any of the feelings. I just feel like I'm getting worse each day and I want to be able to stop it and regain a life back. I've tried citalopram & fluxotine but I didn't get on well with those x

Hi sugar plum. Wow that's is a really long time
    May I ask what caused your dp??
    Maybe u need to try a new medication ??

If I'm honest I'm really not sure! I think I just got run down with work and uni and then I got glandular fever and since then I've just not been right. I've been passed from pillar to post with the Drs and I'm at the end of my tether with it all now not know what to do. I sometimes see a private phychotherapist and I have group sessions for chronic fatigue but I'm just worrying there's something else wrong with it being so intense. Before I could feel it escalating and then it would last about 20 mins or so and then the intensity would lower but this last few weeks it's just not lowering x

I remember having it for 2 days straight back when my panic attacks first started, and I remember feeling that way a lot when I was still in school. Whether or not it went away after a month or two months, I couldn't tell you, but it was absolutely horrific, that I can tell you, so I really do understand what you're going through.

I haven't seen a change in 6 months :(

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

I have cbt every week but it just does not work :(
    I am on quetiapine 400mg daily and venlafaxine 225. I've been on the venlafaxine for 12 weeks now but only increased 3 weeks ago. So I am going to give it another 3 weeks so it has been 6 weeks total since I increased. Then I am going to ask to probably change meds

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information