Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From point A to point B

From point A to point B

Does anyone else have trouble and experience anxiety/panic getting from one place to another, but once they've arrived at their destination, they feel fine?
    I seem to experience horrible panic walking to and from places, so was just wondering if anyone else could relate...

Re: From point A to point B

No, I feel heightened anxiety from when I leave my home till I return home. Arriving at my destination means little, it's the overwhelming need to get back home (safe place)

Not with panic but with anxiety. In me it is more anticipatory anxiety but it's more than just between places, it can be between activities too. Like change is more the issue.

When it was really bad though, it wouldn't change once settled in anywhere either.

Terry, I get anticipatory anxiety too. I think that's because we rely so much on our previous (bad) experiences when predicting future ones. However, I think that once I'm settled in a place, I relax because I feel confident and proud of myself for having arrived there.
    Dally, the need to get home, or to get to safety, is something I feel strongly too.
    Do you ever get fear that's so paralysing you feel like you can't move another inch? I've not left the house in two days, and I know that the longer I leave it for the worse it's going to be, but I seem to be unable to cope with the idea of going out, and I can't force myself into going either.

I am fine once I arrive to where I have to be,it is the trip back home is when I start to get anxious,maybe it is something to talk about with my Psychologist about.

Flipp, I've talked to my therapist about it, she reckons it's separation anxiety.

Slipping back at the moment, driving my daughter to the swimming baths saw high anxiety and jelly legs.

I know how you feel. I feel like I've slipped back, too. I hope you feel better once you arrive there, and feel proud of yourself for the accomplishment.

I didn't stay ana, she is 17 and its not 'cool' for me to be there, so had to come home. I'm sorry you feel you've slipped back too, such a cruel illness isn't it.

Flipp - I've had that many a time with anxiety. If we are having lots of anxiety at home, we are in effect returning to the site of that anxiety, its like an association factor.

Sending good vibes to you both

You still left the house, though, which is what matters. It is really cruel, indeed. The thing is, there's no linear progression when it comes to anxiety, which is so frustrating. You can have a great month or two months, or even a year, but then suddenly, you can't leave the house again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information