Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From point A to point B

Re: From point A to point B

Quote Originally Posted by flipp View Post
    I am fine once I arrive to where I have to be,it is the trip back home is when I start to get anxious,maybe it is something to talk about with my Psychologist about.
    I would get that too. Anxiety on the lead up to going somewhere, it receding after some time in there and then when leaving it would rise again. The same when walking home.

I had some of the worst anxiety at home due to the meds so that will be part of that but I also think it's about getting used to something and then it changing again. So, I would get anxious going to the supermarket, get used to being inside and then get anxious again because of the tills.

I remember by therapist showing me the pattern of anxiety in exposure and it did go up & down like that. I could never find the diagram she had when I was searching online and could only find the typical one shown in post #3 in this thread:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160784

I think that we have multiple exposures in a lot of things so we get the spike when we change to confront something else even though it's element of the same exercise, like a new exposure has been added.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 18-07-16 at 07:10.

Thank you, Terry, that's very useful information. The idea of multiple exposures is an interesting one. It's just like you say: the moment we get used to something, it changes again. My symptoms have morphed and changed over the years, as did my fear of a variety of things. Now, I can do certain things I couldn't do 5 years ago, but I feel more constrained by my anxiety in many ways.

Thank you Terry for the information.

I always have a hard time going anywhere farther than about 30 minutes from the house. I avoid traveling as much as possible because home is my "safe zone". Funny thing is, before my panic disorder started, I used to love traveling and seeing new places.

Being 25 and having friends, family, and a boyfriend who love to travel, it makes it tough :(

Quote Originally Posted by Allicloud View Post
    I always have a hard time going anywhere farther than about 30 minutes from the house. I avoid traveling as much as possible because home is my "safe zone". Funny thing is, before my panic disorder started, I used to love traveling and seeing new places.

Being 25 and having friends, family, and a boyfriend who love to travel, it makes it tough :(
    I can completely sympathise with your situation. I used to love travelling...15 years ago. I wish I had a wider range of movement than the one I've got now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information