Thread: Blip in the road, thinking of increasing to 30mg

Blip in the road, thinking of increasing to 30mg

Hi, I started mirtazapine 15mg in Feb this year for anxiety and low mood. I had been taking Citalopram for a month prior to this as it had worked in the past for me but this time the side effects were just too bad. Within days I felt so much better, I was sleeping 8 hours and felt so much calmer. I also got my appetite back so felt stronger. It's been a good 6 months and I was actually considering reducing the dose but this week I started the mini pill Cerazette and it's possibly a coincidence but within 2 days my anxiety was through the roof and my mood crashed. I immediately stopped the mini pill and hoped a couple of days would see me stabilise again but 4 days on my anxiety is awful (especially in the morning) and I'm a teary mess. I'm going to ring the GP in the morning but sadly they haven't been very helpful in the past. The one GP who used to help me has retired. So I'm looking to you guys for a bit of advice or encouragement! Has anyone else had a blip during recovery and found increasing the dose helpful? Just to add to it all its the school holidays here so I have 2 kids to keep busy and also quite a lot on at work.

Re: Blip in the road, thinking of increasing to 30mg

I was exactly the same with that brand of pill. I had to stop taking it and have heard a few stories about causing anxiety. My doctor told me it would either dome good or make me worse and it made me an anxious wreck. I hope your anxiety went away and you stabilized again. x

Thread Information