Thread: Eptopic

Eptopic

Have posted before about the hard beats which went away but they are back again! I'm getting them quite frequent like every few minutes, is this normal???Sick of the hard beat which follows a skipped beat I can't help but worry! Had an echo done last week still haven't seen the doctor for my results but the lady doing it said there didn't seem anything to worry about

Re: Eptopic

Hi Gemma 809

I've had this for years, it can go away for a short time then come back, I don't think it's anything to worry about, sounds like normal ectopics, I had an echo last year, I think I've had three, also 24 hour monitor, stress test, all come back normal, so now I put it down to stress.
    I do take a beta blocker 5mg Bisoprolol, don't think it does much good but take it anyway, stress is a weird thing, you don't think you have any then bang some ectopics, and sometimes I get them for a week at a time about 12 -15 per minute all day every day, just try not to think about the anxiety, try and let it pass, breath deeply, your echo will be fine, I think if they see something they tell you there and then, and they would get a doctor involved if they seen something, take it easy.

John

Thanks for replying it has made me feel a bit better knowing other people have this as well! Does your heart actually skip a beat? Trying to ignore them but easier said than done :(

Hi Gemma809,

Yes my heart does skip a beat, then followed mostly with a thud, that takes my breath away for that split second.
    I had no idea when I first started to experience this that a lot people have it, and also that after I was checked out, ECG, echo, 24 hour monitor, stress test,
    I was given the all clear, after I asked my doctor, could this be anxiety, his face lit up, and he agreed it was and there was nothing wrong with my heart, having said all that, when the ectopics come back, and in to say, day four, hundreds a day, it still makes you think, but you just have to get over it, hope this helps a bit more.

John

Yes that's also how mine feel a skipped beat followed by a thud. I didn't have them this frequent the last time they only lasted an hour or so but now they seem to be a few every minute! Do yours stay away for a long period of time? Or are they pretty much all the time continuous?

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Went to the doctors earlier and got all worked up and upset over these and he had a listen to my pulse and he said I'm not actually skipping a beat I'm getting one earlier which is why it feels like a skipped beat then the next best is a thud! Just got to try and ignore these now and hope they go away

Hi Gemma809

My ectopics can stop completely for a few days, and it's fantastic, but then I'll get the maybe 10 - 20 in a day for a few days, so it comes and goes, as I said I've had this now for about six or seven years, and had all the tests, I'm still here, it feels scary, it feels like you're going to die, I can get skipped beats, then I can get SVT's lasting a few seconds, I cough and the SVT's tend to stop, it's just a a symptom of anxiety, you just have to live with it and get on with your life, some days can feel like it's the end of the world, then when they subside, all's great again, hope this helps a bit !

John

Found your above comments very helpful. I have had palpitations/ectopics on and off for 20 years - when they go it's great but when they come back they are awful and sometimes I can hardly speak and the worry about them starts all over again.

Hi all-do you check your pulse and find a gap/ worried as heard this can be serious.Do i need to be monitored. Told few years ago that it was probably ectopic beat. Quick ecg then showed ok but they aid if I had no palpitation it would be. Now getting them all the time. constantly feel thud in chest too. I am 8 years post meno too.

Thread Information