Thread: Newbie here!

Newbie here!

Hi all
    After yet another panic attack driving to work this morning I was searching for a forum to hear about other people's experiences as well as share my own.

I'm 42, work full time and have 2 young children. I had breast cancer 10 years ago but am all clear now. My panic attacks started in January this year when I was driving to work. I thought I was having a stroke at first (hands and arms locked, tight across chest and stomach, my face contorted and I couldn't speak). I've had several since the worst one resulting in a week in hospital as an ECG showed activity "similar to a heart attack". It WASN'T a heart attack thankfully and all blood tests, scans and angiograms have shown my heart is in good working order

I'm not sure how much to put in my intro and no doubt I will be able to elaborate on my situation in other threads but I look forward to using this forum and hopefully pick up some helpful guidance and information about panic attacks and the debilitating feelings it can cause.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Flowershine and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Newbie here!

Good morning Flowershine. For a long time I have suffered from travel anxiety so I understand where you are coming from. You have found a great place to read up and talk out your situation. The thing to remember is you want to get better and here you are among friends. So welcome and be proactive in your treatment. Best to you Flowershine.

Thread Information