Hi guys, I have been reading all your brave stories (which have helped me so much recently) and decided to explain mine a bit here too, sorry if it is a little long winded.

I have suffered for over 18 years with GAD, panic attacks, depression and most recently social anxiety. I have tried many different anti depressants, including ciprimil, Effexor, lexapro (one that I've used the longest), arapax and Zoloft, to name a few. I have also taken small doses (.5-1mg daily) Xanax for many years, but in the last 5 years switched to Valium (2.5-5mg daily). I AM NOW EXACTLY 4 WEEKS INTO 20mg FLUOXETINE, and struggling.... I will explain my symptoms below.. I take magnesium and mega B vitamins daily too.

In November 2015 I finished weening off many years of 20mg lexapro to see how I would cope without it, and thaught all the CBT and mindfulness sessions over the years would get me through.... Bad move. That's was the start of this recent downhill spiral and left me where I am today.

The last 6-8 months I have been really struggling to do such simple things such as going to the supermarket or post office, and finding when I do force myself into these situations (even for exposure therapy), I am left with full blown panic. It is peaking at its worst when I have to talk to someone, or if I'm asked a question. Everything tenses up, I go mega dizzy, faint, shakey, scattered, sweaty, and breathless to name just a couple of symptoms (you guys already know the rest of them).. I am NOT any better in these situations after 4 weeks of fluoxetine, but I am hopeful and will persevere with all the draining side effects.

My couple of days a week at work are becoming harder and harder to face, and that's even with minimal interaction with people. It looks like my anxiety has found a new way to bring me down now, and it's really scary.... I don't want to be housebound or this person who can't face the world. And I need my job.

The 20mg fluoxetine (which I take in the morning), has to date left me with increased edginess, no appetite, sweaty hands and feet, nauseous, shakiness/tremors, daily headaches, lethargic, waking up every morning early (5-6am) with hot rushes down my arms, feeling vague and weak, low concerntration, feeling guilty and bloody depressed. I've spent a lot of time lounging around over the last few weeks with no excitement or drive to do my old enjoyable activities.... I almost came off fluoxetine as it is extremely difficult, but after finding this site, have decided to keep with it. The symptoms are most difficult during the mornings.

I have pushed myself to ride my bike a few times a week, which helps because it gets me outdoors and is keeping me fit, but winter is here now and the days are getting colder/wetter/windy....

I truely feel at rock bottom in my life, and praying that this tablet and some of you guys out there can eventually help..

My partner has been truely amazing through all this, so I am very lucky in that respect, but feel so sad and guilty when I see all that she does for me..

If I get a few responses on here, I will endeavour to keep posting as much as I can to show progress and hopefully help others as previous people have for me in previous diaries. I will try and make my posts as diary like as possible.

I have another appointment with my psych in a fortnight, so hoping he can provide me with some encouragement too.

Any advice or personal experiences or anyone going through the same fluoxetine period, I would love to hear from.... It would be nice to have a fluoxetine buddy who's around week 4....

Cheers guys, Jase.