Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My story/diary so far....

Re: My story/diary so far....

So Mardy, how did you go at the shops? I'm finding chamomile tea with ginger is helping with the nausea, just a thought for you.

Today was a bit of a blank day, miserable outside, so I couldn't get out for a bike ride. Drove home from my partners place around 11am, and got stuck into my tax return, which I finished, yay, but then just relaxed on my bed watching tv shows.

I've been a lil edgy for most of the day, sweaty hands and feet again, headachey, lightheaded, vague, and pretty lethargic.... I get small bursts of thoughts about being active and getting out, but it doesn't last long, and I feel down afterwards.... But I guess that's the Prozac attempting to work, so I'm hoping the good feelings will come more often now.

5.40pm here now, so going to shower and prepare myself for another massive Friday night IN.... HAHA....

Enjoy the weekend guys. Jase

Hey Hun! I got so low last night my sister came to pick me up and bring me the 40 min drive to stay with my rents! Had a local dr out today and they have upped my dose from 20mg to 40mg also given me better anti sickness tablets as my others wouldnt last all day! Also propanalol Been through hell the past 24 hours and hoping for calm! Nice been home and having someone else look after me and my son x

No good Mardy, hoping you get some rest and start feeling a little better soon. Maybe it was just all the anticipation of your sons holidays coming up that made you feel worse?
    Hoping the increase in dose helps, maybe go up by 10mg for a week before the full 40?

I slept ok although found it hard to switch of last night. Woke around 6/7/8 and awake around 9am. Edgy this morning as I have to work this afternoon and apparently there has been a few tech issues with the gear I work with, so something like that just makes for an unknown shift, but I'll try to just go with the moment when I get there.

Still sweaty palms and feet, a little shakey, nauseous (not as bad this morning though), and headachey....

Just gone noon here, so best get ready for work.

Have a great day whoever is reading.

What is it you do for work?

Well I just took 40mg last night and felt instant calm, anti sickness tablets let me eat and the propanalol really helped! Still woke at the Prozac witching hour of 4am but must have gone back to sleep till around 7am ish then lay for a bit... Morning anxiety is horrible it's pretty instant from the moment I wake with a panic attack :( hoping for a rest full day!

Pushed myself yesterday so went to local Drs, walked back to my mams via the shop for my meds, then we went to beach! X

Glad you had a better day Mardy. And hoping the rest of your weekend was nice.

The last 2 mornings I have been able to sleep in till 8am, which is nice, still waking up around 5/6ish, but able to nod back off....

I work as a freelance outside broadcast camera/cable hand in TV and film, so I setup and shoot for a lot of sporting events including AFL, NRL, V8 SUPERCARS, AUST OPEN TENNIS, A LEAGUE SOCCER, ETC.... I am lucky as I don't have to work stuck in an office and am outdoors most of the time, except when operating hot head (remote) cameras. I follow the Supercars to about 10 different tracks around Australia, which means long hours and 6-12 days without time off, also quite a bit of time in the air flying from venue to venue, but somehow, through all the anxiety, I get by. I also need to run up and down pit lane helping shoot all the action when the cars stop for fuel/tyres etc, hairy experience but great bunch of guys I work with, and they all are aware of my condition, so I get by knowing they know and care. Exhausted most of the time though. I hope that explains what I do for work a little.

My appetite seems to be getting a little better as the days are going on, which is great.

I quickly visited the post office today to pick up an envelope and stamps to send off my tax stuff, and the anticipation anxiety was horrible, but once inside, I was ok, and walked out feeling proud of myself. Small steps....

I have noticed a strange feeling for a split second in my head, where I get a jolt of vertigo, which throws me off balance. It has happened 3 or 4 times in the last 2 days, and is very unpleasant. Plus I have had a constant headache now for who knows how long, just taking a panadol every other day when it gets too annoying.

My shifts over the weekend were very testing, but I survived, once again, I worked with a couple of guys who are very understanding, and even though they don't fully get what I'm going through, do everything they can to help me out, which I'm very lucky for. Just hoping once I get back on my feet 100% I can return the favour to them if ever they need.

I do think overall the Prozac is starting to become beneficial. I have my next appointment with my psych later this week, where I think he will want to up my dosage, but I am going to request to stay on the 20mg until the 12 week mark, as I've read a lot of people increase too soon....

I hope my story/journal is helping even just one person out there reading this, who is struggling (like I was), that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and even though I am only around the half way mark, it is already so much better than just a week or 2 ago.

Take care guys, and feel free to share your experiences too.

Jase.

Was hoping to go back home tomorrow but right now I'm feeling so bad again.... Anxiety high, dizzy, shaking, high alert, can't settle, emotional, head hurts, not feeling with it and head rushes.... Feeling exhausted as I'm not sleeping well with not being in my own bed... Feel like 2 steps forward and 2 steps back at the Moment

That's no good Mardy, is it the side effects starting again because you upped your dosage? Really feeling for you because I know how horrible they all are. Hang in there, it will get better in time.... Just take as long as you need at your mums place, I'm sure you will get all the support and love you need.

I'm feel like I'm just going through the motions at the moment, lethargic, headachey, appetite is ok, still shakey at times, nausea comes and goes, as do the butterfly's....

I have my psych appointment tomorrow, so will see how that goes. Will visit my folks while I'm over that side of town too, which I'm looking forward to.

Woke early this morning, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I'm hoping for a better rest tonight. Overall, not a bad day, didn't do anything stressful, just lazed around, cleaned my big fish tank, which took almost 2 hours to do.

Take care guys. Jase.

Couldn't switch off last night till after midnight, then wide awake at 5.30am, very frustrating not being able to sleep. Feeling nauseous and headachey. Let's hope the day gets better..

Saw my psych, and just as I thaught, he wanted to double my dosage of Prozac to 40mg. I explained that I wanted to stay on the 20mg until the 12 week mark, and he disagreed but accepted my choice. Made me a little angry to be honest.

Went to my GP appointment afterwards and was a little on edge whilst waiting, screaming kids and busy waiting room.... Survived, and after chatting to the GP, need to get fasting blood tests (I requested), tomorrow morning to check all the usual stuff, plus vitamin B and D and iron levels to make sure they are all ok.

Spent a few hours at mums, who I am quite close to, but started feeling edgy there after an hour or so (maybe because all I had eaten was a banana all day)? Over the next hour became more shakey whilst chatting away, so ate another banana, and drove home. On the way stopped at the chemist to pick up a script, and grabbed some charcoal chicken for dinner.

Came home and now it's 8pm, sipping on a chamomile tea but feeling heavy in the stomach, a little shakey, headachey, and tired, so will go shower and try and get a better rest than last night.

Hope everyone is doing ok, Jase.
    Last edited by AnxiousSince1998; 28-07-16 at 10:52.

So yesterday (Friday), woke on/off from 5am then up at 8am and rode to the pathologist to get my bloods done. Was a little anxious in there, but no anticipation anxiety, just what I'm assuming is normal needle anxiousness....

Pretty lethargic day otherwise, was rainy and windy all arvo so couldn't get out riding.

Was hard to switch off last night, and once I finally fell asleep was woken around 11pm, then again at 2am-3am, slept on/off till about 7am, and got ready for work.

Was very tired and just felt exhausted for most of the day. Around noon I started to get really annoying dizzy spells, which would come and go for a few seconds over about an hour. It left me a little edgy and scared that something is not right with my brain/balance.... I did notice when working around led lighting, my vision plays up a bit, so maybe a reaction to that. Pushed on and got through my shift. Sometimes I don't know how I do it.

No nausea today which has been nice.

Just got home now around 9pm, and hoping for a better sleep tonight.

Back to work again tomorrow morning, but then almost 4 weeks off to holiday in Bali.

Hoping everyone is doing ok, enjoy the weekend.

Yesterday (Sunday), was a day of ups and downs at work. I had quite a few dizzy spells throughout the day (does anyone know if this is Prozac related?), I found it difficult to engage or chat socially with people, and when I did I found myself on edge, had a rotten headache for most of the day, just felt tired, heavy in the chest and exhausted....

Drove to my girlfriends place in the evening, who is so caring and loving. Had a nice dinner, and watched some tv before heading to bed around 11pm.

I woke so many times during the night, and have been awake since 6am just lying here feeling useless. My partner has gone to work, and I'm just about to get up and have some brunch (it's already 10.30am), but have been headachey and tired all morning, but can't switch off back to sleep.

Sweaty hands and feet are the norm now, and have had the runs first thing every morning for about a fortnight now too.... I'm hoping these are all just still side effects of Prozac, as tomorrow will be the start of week 6 on the tablets.

Is there anyone else on here around the 6 week mark with similar side effects? The dizziness and headaches are the most uncomfortable ones, as it just hits randomly and messes with my mind, vision, confidence and balance....

No word yet from my blood results which is a good thing I suppose, as he said he would only call if there was an issue.

Wishing everyone well, Jase.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information