Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My story/diary so far....

Re: My story/diary so far....

Hi, I'm new here but not to blasted anxiety. How is every one feeling? I have been on 40mg Fluoxetine for 5 weeks now and today I feel awful. Last week I had a few good days but today I've woken up feeling yuck!! Should the 40mg not be working by now??

I've had mine stopped too harsh for me and I can't eat or don't want to even think about food without wanting to throw up everywhere :(

Hi milliemoo, and welcome. Everyone is different but your bad days should start to decrease over the next few weeks. I am still on 20mg and just hit week 6, still up and down too. Others have said it may take up to 12 weeks to get the full benefit of the drug, which is what I am hoping for.

Mardy, so sorry to hear you've had to stop the meds, hoping things are not too bad at the moment.... What is your plan now? Will you be trying something else once this is out of your system? Hang in there things will get better once you find what works for you. The nausea side of things has been OK for me the last few days, although I still don't have an appetite, especially in the morning....

I have noticed another side effect which I haven't mentioned yet and that is the shaking of my feet! I can't keep them still, I can feel it is me shaking them, and I can stop, but before I know it away they go again.... Does anyone else get this?

I've had a pretty quiet morning today, left my partners house around 11am and have come home and relaxed on my bed. It's now 1pm....

I have noticed my chest has been heavy, my head has still been foggy/low concerntration, and motivation is still low.... Sweaty hands and feet are still there, but my headache seems somewhat dampened today which is good. I am a little edgy, but I think that's because I am starting to anticipate going to the airport on Friday....

Have a good day guys. Jase.

Hey Hun they are starting me on citralopram on sat when the flouxitine is out my system!

Felt terrible last night and had to take a diazapine to get off to sleep.. Already don't feel as sick and managing to get some food into me now althou woke up this morning and seem to be getting a cold :(

Hoping you can find your feet again Mardy. Did your GP say it was ok to start another antidepressant so soon? I was lead to believe the Prozac would need to get out of your system before going on a new type....

I've had a shit day, woke at 4.30am after a pretty rough sleep, to drive my parents to the airport, anxious the whole way whilst driving and traffic was busy, so that has set an image for me now because I fly out in 2 days and the anticipation anxiety is Playing on my mind.
    I am so looking forward to getting away for 3 weeks, but REALLY not looking forward to all the airport queues, checking in, customs, crowds of people etc....

Today I have been on edge for the most part, have had no appetite and only eaten a few small things. Have had a couple of cups of lemon/ginger tea to help ease my stomach, but have the dreaded butterflies, and shakey feet.... My head feels like it's about to explode, so have just taken a couple of panadol to help.... Really wanted to push myself to get out for a ride but it's been raining and windy for most of the day, so the motivation level was zero.

It's now 6.30pm, and I've done nothing but lay on my bed, since dropping my folks off this morning. Feeling pretty down with myself about this being week 6 and I'm still struggling, and feeling so tired and lethargic....

Im off to my partners place around 8pm, so hopefully I can get a good rest there tonight, then pack when I get back in the morning.... Need to try and arrange some new distraction audio onto my iPhone to help with Friday morning, and for the flight (usually I'm ok once we've taken off, knowing I can try and sleep), but it's all the lines of people which gets me anxious.

Will try and keep posting here whilst I am away, but there hasn't been many replies, so hoping it's not just a waste of time.... Like I said, I would love to hear from anyone else going through the same/similar week 6 symptoms, that can relate.

Jase.

Please keep posting! I look back at mine from years ago and it helps me to see how far I have come!

Yeah come friday I have been off them a week so dr says that long enough for it to be out my system and I can restart the Citralopram :( nervous if I'm honest!

Wishing you all the best with the new meds Mardy. Hopefully they don't take as long as Prozac to get some benefits. Going to TRY and sleep now. So tired....

I've been told approx 4 weeks and I will see a huge diff! That was the Drs input anyway...I'm now freaking myself out as now think my anxiety is what is stopping me eating and it's all to do with my head rather then my meds :( worrying about that now

Hey, not had the best of days again today this mornings no was okish, but felt really lazy like I couldn't be bothered to do anything do me and my daughter have just been laying around all day watching films. Then I start worrying about that and now I'm sitting here worrying the tablets ain't working and I'm never going to get better. Hopefully tomorrow may be a bit brighter. How are you feeling today??

So how is everyone today?

Mardy, don't stress about not eating, I still have little appetite, but it's getting better. Hopefully once everything is out of your system you will be eating properly again. How are you doing?

Milliemoo how are you doing? Don't feel guilty for lounging around watching movies, we are allowed to have those days, but I know exactly how you feel. I hope we can all get to a happy, guilt/anxiety free state soon.

I am now in Bali for 3 weeks holiday. Friday morning was pretty tough, getting up at 5am to go to the airport, which was surprisingly quiet (thank god), and we were through check in/security/customs within 20 minutes. The 3 hour wait at the terminal seemed to take forever and anxiety was up and down like a yo yo. I had taken 5mg Valium because I thaught there would be long queues, and probably too much for me. The 6 hour flight was smooth, but I couldn't sleep and got pretty restless, but arrived without full blown panic.
    The wait for our luggage took over half an hour and I developed a massive headache and burning tired eyes whilst waiting. Was scattered and headachey for the rest of the day. I think the full 5mg Valium tablet was way too much.

Slept well that night, but woke around 5am, wide awake, grrrr. Decided to only take a quarter of my Valium (1.25mg, where I usually have half a tablet (2.5mg) each morning) 2 big bike rides yesterday, no headache, and actually felt really good. Went out to dinner with my partner, and not even a thought of anxiety.
    Had a very broken sleep last night, same again only quarter of my Valium with my Prozac this morning. Have felt a bit off today, a little shakey and scattered. Very hot and muggy here which is exhausting, but I guess I could be in worse places, and it's nice just knowing my one job is to relax....

Went for a ride again this morning, visited a mini mall, which got me edgy, but I survived, and now just relaxing by the pool. So hard not to indulge in the $2AU beers here, too scared about it messing with the Prozac.
    Must thank my partner who is here with me for being so wonderful and caring. She is so awesome, and I'm very lucky....
    Will try and keep posting.
    Take care guys. Jase.
    Last edited by AnxiousSince1998; 07-08-16 at 05:46.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information