Thread: Sudden increase in red dots on body

Sudden increase in red dots on body

For the past week, I've been finding more and more red dots appear on my body. A few on my arms, legs, stomach...

It's not raised, but blood red. Just like someone poked me with a very fine tip red marker. Petechiae I think it is called? There's not a lot of them though, and theyre not bunched together like a rash...maybe less than 20 that I have found actually but the fact that I find a few more everyday has put me in a right panic.

I had blood drawn today for hormones and quickly asked the nurse if they were normal, she just said "yes" but because they have appeared suddenly, I worry. I have been uber stressed and so full of anxiety the last few weeks, I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. I recently had a blood test (full blood count and the lot because apparently the doctor was checking for a lot when I was having bad headaches). The only thing that came back abnormal was my WBC count as I had a sinus infection, Once I started treating this, the WBC was going back to a normal level. For this reason, I dont think I have leukemia or anything, but I am worried still that it could even be something worse. Needless to say, some reassurance is needed.

Re: Sudden increase in red dots on body

Funny you should say this as I've had the same. But I've noticed that over time they change from a red dot to a small brown mole. Not sure how old you are but with me I think it's definitely an age thing as I'm 55 lol

I'm 30 and I swear since I turned 30 ate last year my healthy anxiety has soared. I put all these symptoms together and google says Im dying. Im doing well to stay off google for the most part but it's hard.

Mine don't seem to change at all. Just a tiny, tiny red dot one minute and stays like that. I tried squeezing one (stupid me) and it bled quite a bit! Stupid me...Im leaving them alone now as it's obviously doing more harm than good because they aren't even raised. Eek!

Mine are very slightly raised. I can just feel it if I run my finger over the spot, but it's barely noticible. I don't think they are anything to worry about and I deliberately haven't bothered consulting Professor Google lol because he'll only tell me to take out a funeral plan on the double quick

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    Mine are very slightly raised. I can just feel it if I run my finger over the spot, but it's barely noticible. I don't think they are anything to worry about and I deliberately haven't bothered consulting Professor Google lol because he'll only tell me to take out a funeral plan on the double quick
    That's for the best lol

Found another one this morning. Ugh! I'm trying not to worry but I think at least it's not leukemia however then my mind wanders to think it's something worse!

Thread Information