Thread: Very stressed and having trouble coping

Very stressed and having trouble coping

Hey guys, having a really hard time at the moment. I've had nausea most days for the past 3 months, first thought it was because of tapering off steroids but now think my GAD has a big role in it. I've had many outside stressors the past month or so, work projects, a/c broke, finance issues, sick cat, etc.

Some of the stressors are resolved, some not. I'm not sure what to do. One big stressor right now is work, I have a job a really like - I'm a computer analyst. But lately if anything goes wrong, if there is an upgrade or project I feel like I can't handle it and my anxiety goes through the roof. It is like I've lost my confidence. I notice in the mornings that when I first wake up I don't have nausea but as I get up and start moving around it comes in. I wonder if a big part of it is not due to work worries. I want to keep my job, I *need* to keep my job - just trying to figure out how to cope right now.

Also I have a sick cat right now and I really really can't afford to take her in. I was just out a lot of money to replace a broken a/c unit for my house a couple weeks ago. But I am worried for her, also scared if I take her in and they tell me it's terminal that I won't be able to handle it.

And my house needs a lot of work and a good cleaning. Normally it's all stuff I would do but I physically don't feel like it at the moment. Lastly I found out I have an ovarian cyst and am getting pain from that, docs want to watch and wait.

Add everything together and I am so stressed out. In fact it seems like almost anything stresses me out x 10. Not sure what to do, I just want to get better and it seems so far away. I also deal with intrusive thoughts and they are going crazy right now too. My sleep is also not good, I am so tired and feel like I am not getting rest. I fall asleep ok, but wake up a lot, have nightmares and wake up too early and can't go back to sleep.

I literally don't know what to do. Any advice is welcome, thank you.

Re: Very stressed and having trouble coping

I've seen a few of your posts and have been thinking about you. Hope you're doing ok! Hang in there everything will be ok
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Re: Very stressed and having trouble coping

Thank you Nicol, I really appreciate you answering. The past few days have been a little better. I've been trying to accept my anxiety more and then go from there. I did take my cat to vet and it was an allergic reaction, she is doing better now. I've also been reminding myself of all my accomplishments as work and of how I'm well respected there, trying to get my confidence back. My nausea has also been better past few days, seems my accepting versus fighting the anxiety might have helped that as well. Crossing my fingers.

One thing I still need to work on is my house, lots of projects to finish and cleaning I want to do. Still feel overwhelmed and trying to figure out how to help myself with this one.

Thank you again for your reply. I hope you are doing ok, if you ever need anything or a virtual hug just shout!

Thread Information