Thread: Diseases which cause premature aging and cancer

Diseases which cause premature aging and cancer

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find anyone who has a fear of teleremerase related disease where
    The body doesn't have great genes and can't repair cells, in turn leading to cancer and death in middle age. There are so many possible chromosomal defect disorders which aren't diagnosed till 20's, 30's and 40's. This scares me as I have some symptoms of premature aging like multiple sun spots and some grey hairs even though I'm not yet 30. I also get sore limbs and back so am worried I have early onset brittle bones caused by the premature aging syndrome. Does the idea of getting any of the possible premature aging syndromes scare anyone else and cause excessive health anxiety?... I used to worry about cancer, ms etc but now I worry about short Telemere syndromes as they are the mother load for cancer risk and short lifespan.

Re: Diseases which cause premature aging and cancer

I have premature wrinkles (27 with visible crows feet) I've been told it can be stress. My whole family, both sides have either aged normally or aged very well (both my parents only started aging noticeable in their late 40's). So I don't think it's necessary a disease as stress, diet, smoking (although both my parents smoked until late 40's), tanning etc can all contribute. The only factor I can think of that I have for premature wrinkles is stress. I also have very noticeable undereye wrinkles too I feel so depressed due to them.

So essentially you're worried about an extremely rare inherited condition that's difficult to diagnose that may possibly cause other physical ailments in your lifetime.

When I read of a condition or illness that I never heard of I know that Dr. Google is involved. Heck, I had to look it up to even know what it was!

Fact is, none of what you describe even remotely would suggest this. As KeeKee said, being in a constant state of high anxiety can cause pre-mature aging in the likes of wrinkles and grey hair. Smoking, drinking and illegal drug use can cause it too (ever see a before/after of a meth user?).

I know these words probably won't help but you're more likely to be hit by lighting than to be diagnosed with something like this.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for the replies!!

Thread Information