Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannabis

Cannabis

Whats peoples view on using cannabis to relax?

Has anyone used or using it?
    I know it gets a lot of bad press as possibly causing anxiety/panic but i find using it at night beore i go to bed helps me get a good nights sleep.

Good or bad, id like to hear your views

Baz

Hiya Baz

I have a family member who uses cannabis a lot to relax him.
    When I first started getting panic attacks he kept telling me I should have a joint to calm me down. I refused saying my head was mashed enough without taking anything else.
    I also told him that cannibis can lead to panic/anxiety and paranoia.
    Lo and behold, 2 years down the line im just about panic free and he has confessed to me last week that he keeps getting panic attacks and periods of hot sweats and feels faint and dizzy. (they are increasing with his use and he wont see the connection).

My advice....DONT use it..long term use can be detrimental.
    Theres loads of other ways to relax mate that are better for you and cheaper too...lol

take care
    Love Sarah
    xx

Hi , I was a regular cannabis user from when i was 20, i smoked all day everyday!! I was fine using it at home and at my friends home but as soon as I needed to go somewhere or somebody knocked at my door I would get all panicky and shake (although at the time i didn't know i had anxiety it has only been diagnosed for a year and i'm 30 now ). I only gave it up about 2 years ago and i would never use it again!!!! It makes me very paranoid and anxious, also i cannot be aroud people who are smoking it hence I no longer have my friends, although this isn't a bad thing as their lifestyles are not what i want to be involved in. I am now drug free and alcohol free (apart from my meds lol) Tara x

Well done Tara!

Although Im not a fan of its recreational use, there is no argument that sufferers from various forms of progressed cancer, MS or any other debilitating ilness can benefit from cannabis if its used as regulated pain relief. Some people prefer to seek natural remedies.

On the other hand though, I have seen the damage that consistent recreational use can do. It can induce paranoia, depression and in some cases (not all) lead to the use of harder drugs.

Each to their own I say!

Minny xx

My view is that if you are predisposed to anxiety then perhaps regular smoking of it would not be ideal. On the other hand, just today I was reading an article in a psychology journal (for my course) which has shown that cannabis smoking and other recreational drugs such as cocaine have no effect on whether people will develop a panic disorder - wheras opiates and sedatives do.

So......I suppose it is really up to you to decide whether it is worth the risk that it will make your anxiety worse or whether its benefits to you outweigh this.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

hi Baz,
    Good question...well, as may may have noticed opinion does sway toward the negative side. I would say that everyone is different and certainly cannabis doesnt agree with everyone.
    With some people though, it can be used in a beneficial way, either for medicinal or recreational use. Of course, too much of anything is bad for you, moderation is the key to any pleasure!
    So if you think it helps you sleep there's nothing wrong with that. From my own experiences I'd say cannabis accentuates your mood and emotions, so if you're feeling anxious or panicky, smoking will just make it worse. On the other hand, if you feel good, happy, relaxed, it will increase these emotions.
    I personally do smoke, and do feel it helps me relax, but some friends of mine have stopped smoking because of negative side-effects.
    I guess ultimately only you know whether it's helping or not!

ed

'nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm'

My opinion is similar to eds.

I toke during weekends, because i never have very much planned and its a good way to escape reality for a few days. Im hopeing to change that soon.

Wouldn't ever take it myself, to be honest, would be too scared about how it would make me feel.

A lot of the students at the college where I used to work, smoked it quite openly, on a regular basis, and several of them quite blatantly were affected by it on a paranoia basis.

Just my own view on it!! [8)]

Kate x

Hi I do feel that we reformed drug and alcohol users are the worst, i always have so much to say about people who use drugs and drink excessive alcohol LOL I won't say it on here !!! LOL Tara xx

hiya

i thought cannabis was an illegal drug or wa that crack?

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information