Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with feeling fed up!

Fed up with feeling fed up!

What's the deal here with these so called 'antidepressants'? Rightly or wrongly I was under the impression that they were supposed to lift your mood and make life a little more bearable but that doesn't seem to be happening because every day I'm miserable and morose with little interest or enthusiasm for anything. I can honestly say if someone offered me a million pounds it wouldn't elicit a glimmer of excitement from me - what the heck is that all about then?

Perhaps I'm just expecting too much from the meds and need to make more of an effort to "Get A Life" (whatever that means) but lack of motivation and bone weary tiredness makes everything such an effort and I just can't be arsed.

Signed

Mrs Grumpy

Re: Fed up with feeling fed up!

Snap mojo I think it maybe the weather aswell I generally can't be arsed to do anything feel down and depressed these past few days need to cheer up as it don't help my thoughts of suicide hope u feel better soon xx

It's a pain in the backside isn't it Becky? The summer is passing me by and I have absolutely zero interest in going out to enjoy it. Took a friend's dog out for a walk today - weather was glorious, countryside was beautiful, birds were singing, yet I may as well have been walking along in the pouring rain with a gale force 9 blowing up my jacksy for all cared. Just couldn't see the beauty in anything or feel any joy whatsoever. I really don't know what's happened to me, but I don't like it one bit.

Hope you feel better soon too Becky x

Perhaps trying a different med if the one you're taking doesn't appear to be working might be of help.
    Unfortunately this is how antidepressants 'worked' for me. Took the sting out of my depression but also took all enjoyment out of life. No interest in anything and found it soooo hard to get up in the morning due to constantly being tired.

Hi all, feeling exactly the same. Last month i won £1.000 pound on a scratch card and like you say mojo, i was like so what!! Its a horrible feeling having no motivation and low mood. i havent had a drink since November last year cos i really wanted to give the tablets ago at working but im seriously thinking of having a drink. All the things i used to love i have quit in the hope that it makes me feel better. Caffeine gone! i used to love a cuppa coffee. Decaf tea, gross but give it ago it might help(nope) exercising= ******** no energy to do it or after i have attempted to do it so exhausted i cant do anything! I have given up on so much and getting nothing in return. I given up friends and family that were supposedly driving the anxiety but now im not too sure.. Moan Moan moan but you are right guys WHEN AND HOW WILL WE EVENTUALLY FEEL HAPPY.

Hopefully by Christmas we will also be back sharing our sucess stories xxx

oh i hope so xx

Oh what an awful night! I woke up, God knows what time, it was pitch black outside and I'd had a nightmare about plane crashes and terrorist attacks. My heart was pounding so hard I thought it was going to come right out of my chest. I took a diazepam but it did nothing so I took another one, still nothing, and I've been laying here ever since fitfully tossing and turning with my heart pounding and stomach churning!

Have you ever tried propranolol. It's a beta blocker. That helped with my pounding heart years ago. Hope it settles x

Yes I take 20mg daily around 10.30am. I was on 80mg originally but I found it made me very depressed and foggy headed.

---------- Post added at 07:22 ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 ----------

My anxiety is centered around physical symptoms. I don't have situational anxiety or social anxiety and I can drive, go shopping, even stand up in a room full of people and make a speech if I needed to, but the physical symptoms and the crazy thoughts are what drives mine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information