Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: itchy breast

itchy breast

A few weeks ago I noticed one nipple and breast was really itchy, after googling it I was sent into a huge spin about what it could be. I was really worried it could be something called Padgets disease. I'm only 30 and I did read it's very rare and even then it's often older women who are affected so that kinda settled it for me after a few days. Today I've noticed the same breast is itchy again and the skin around my nipple is dry and quite flakey (the other is a little) so now I'm a tad worried again. My boyfriend is trying to convince me it's just the heat and not to worry I guess he could be right as it's been so hot here this week and I've been so hot and sweaty at work (I work in a diy trade store so constantly lifting heavy stuff and there's no air con in what is basically a tin shed). I stopped taking the mini pill about 3 weeks ago so I'm wondering if hormoans plus my anxiety are making this worse

Anyone else have this problem?

Re: itchy breast

I've often had an itchy breast. It's usually the left one and mostly around the nipple. I have no idea what causes it but I've experienced it randomly for years now. I'm. 59, through menopause and not on any medication. It could be heat I suppose since we're usually strapped up in close fitting bras under layers of clothing . Next time I might try putting an ice cube on to see if that eases it.
    Anyway, the main thing is after all these years nothing more has developed from it so I think you can relax and stop worrying.

I've had this too. I usually just buy a good lotion to help calm the skin down.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Thank you both for replying I'm sure I'm just being daft but it helps to speak to people who understand where your coming from. It's not too bad today just a bit sore but if I've scratched it yesterday and I'm sweaty today I guess it will be sore I'll put some body lotion on and see how it goes

I've had this, too. I find that clothing is to blame, as is the sweat. Moisturising helps a lot, so I'd advise sticking with a body lotion that's preferably as free of chemicals as possible. Jojoba oil always works well for me.

Thank you for your reply. I've been swimming today and the chlorine in the pool has made it a bit sore but I'm wondering if that will help it out in the long run. The silly thing is a couple of weeks ago I made an appointment with the dr for today if it was still a problem but I cancelled it on Friday as it has got much better

I'm sure it'll go away soon, don't worry about it. Lots of women get it, it's nothing dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    I'm sure it'll go away soon, don't worry about it. Lots of women get it, it's nothing dangerous.
    Thank you again it's been a bit better today. I'm feeling super stressed the last few days so I'm sure that's not helping

I'm glad it's a bit better today. Stress doesn't help, ever, lol. Saying that, for us anxiety sufferers, how is it possible to not feel stressed?

I'm sure my anxiety isn't helping. I've had a really rough night and not slept well and found myself worrying this itch is somthing to worry about. My logical side tells me it isn't as when I'm busy I don't notice it but when I'm sat trying to relax or sleep I think about it and it itches!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information