Thread: Cramps and spotting after sex. Very worried.

Cramps and spotting after sex. Very worried.

I am a 21 year old woman in a monogamous long-term relationship. I have been on birth control for 5 years or so.

A couple of months ago (you can see I previously posted about it) I started spotting in between periods so the OB suggested I switch to a different BC pill (I had been on that one for about 4 years I think and had never had issues until then). The spotting stopped after a couple months, but the BC made my skin bad so I switched to another one. I have been on this new one for about a month and a half I think.

About a month ago I started getting cramps and spotting after sex. It happened again today and I'm really worried. I think I've gotten a PAP smear before but I don't remember. I've definitely had a pelvic exam before.

I am worried it is ovarian or cervical or endometrial cancer. There's no possibility I'm pregnant or have an STD. I'll try to make an appt with an OB ASAP but until then I'm really worried.

Re: Cramps and spotting after sex. Very worried.

Hey Megs

Im going through some female stuff too right now so I totally understand your fears. But, you're so young and switching birth control can make your period do weird stuff! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Thread Information