Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from embarrassed male

Hi from embarrassed male

Hi, I am as others have described as a strapping male that can turn their hands to anything, but what people don't know is I suffer from severe anxiety, social phobia/ fear of attack, depression and a bit of ocd.
    After 20 years of hiding this my Mrs has encouraged me and said I need help. I am at my whits and need help from anywhere I can get it. She has been amazing she walked me into the doctors and now I take some medication.
    It's hard as I have always had a pretty (not tough) but very competent exterior. I struggle with this all day and night. I am disappointed, upset and some what embarrassed about my situation but I now know that I am broken. I can't seem to fix it so I am here to accept it, find ways and people to learn how to grow, live and have some sort of happy life with or inspite if it.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya GotToGetUp and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi from embarrassed male

Welcome friend. You will get a lot of good advice here. And you have taken the first step...that's the most important one.

N.

welcome this forum is very good you have taken the first step bby asking for help

Hi and welcome to NMP

There's no shame in having mental health issues. You will find everyone understanding, accepting and supportive on here.

Please don't feel embarrassed discussing anything on here. I went from sitting arguing in board rooms to being afraid to wash myself when it hit me full force. We all have stories like this on here.

Hi GotToGetUp, your story is oh so familiar. I'm a strapping 6ft 3" bloke but mental health fails to discriminate, it's very liberal and inclusive in that sense but glad you've joined. Lots of help available from the good people of this site

Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

Hi, Thank you for your posts. I am very greatful for the response.

Welcome.

I know just how you feel. it feels like it ruins my life completely sometimes and I can't enjoy anything.

yet I SHOULD be living a great life i'm a fit and healthy (physically) 6 foot guy with a successful business. and ironically no real worries about anything. except anxiety and emetophobia.

as someone else said: anxiety doesn't discriminate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information