Thread: Lump below my ear lymph node

Lump below my ear lymph node

I am worrying myself sick! I found this little lump below my ear and I went to the doctors I was in there for all of 60 seconds and she felt my neck asked me a few questions and said she thinks that it flared up because I had 3 ear piercings done in one go and it was my body's way of fighting the foreign objects that had been put in. She said should take around a month to go.

It's now been about a month since and i have not touched it for ages and I felt it Friday and noticed it had gone down loads and I could hardly feel it, then I felt it yesterday and it felt like it had come back a bit, I have taken all 3 piercings out this morning because I am scared this is what's caused it!

I am also due on this week could it be that? Or could it be because I touched it again?

I don't want to go to the doctors I worry myself sick of everything it took me long enough to go the first time round!

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

I also forgot to mention last week I was ill I had a cold which has now gone so maybe flared up for that?

Re: Lump below my ear lymph node

Are the piercings relatively new?

When I got my ears pierced, it took FOREVER for them to heal. I'd get those lumps too. They'd bleed, pus, whatever and I'd just keep on cleaning them. Took months but they finally healed.

Your earrings are probably fine, just make sure you're cleaning well at least twice a day and try not to sleep on your sides.

As for earrings vs. cold vs. something else...it's hard to say. Lymph nodes come and go all the time since we're constantly in contact with bacteria. It's not a bad thing to have a flared lymph node. Just try to stop touching it and check it in a few months. As long as it's soft, movable, and not irregular in shape it's healthy and all good.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thank you

I only noticed it after I had the piercings which was about 4 weeks ago, I have never noticed it before this I was playing with my ear then kind of felt it and panicked, I have taken the earrings out yesterday I am not bothered about them anymore I just want this lump to go down, the doctor said it should have gone down in about a month and it hasn't and I don't know if this is because I keep touching it! It's like an obsession!

I know how hard it is not to touch it, but if you find yourself trying go and distract yourself.

Like I said, my ears took forever to heal. We're talking at least a year, I think, before they were fully healed. Sometimes there wouldn't be any bump there, but then I'd sleep on that side or something and it would come back.

Just keep reminding yourself that it's not dangerous, it's just your body trying to get rid of some germs.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thank u makes me feel better knowing it's not just me!

I had 4 piercings done in one month and 3 on 1 ear then it appeared - just a typical worrier always assume the worse! X

Thread Information