Thread: Is this depersonalisarion or depression

Unhappy Is this depersonalisarion or depression

Hi everyone. I started taking citalopram 20mg for social anxiety about 6 weeks ago. I'm now tapering off as it made my anxiety 1000x worse! I started having intrusive thoughts, followed by anxiety to checking I hadn't done anything bad to anyone in the middle of the night. The intrusive thoughts disappeared after a couple of weeks thankfully, but I feel like im locked in my own brain, my mind wont ever shut up unless I'm writing, sleeping or reading. Now I don't feel any emotions what so ever, I'm not sad, angry or upset. I can't cry or laugh. I feel empty. I font enjoy food but eat a little because I have to. My councillor thinks I'm depressed, but don't depressed people cry, and feel darkness? I just keep telling myself I will feel better and trying to stay positive about everything, but it's so hard faking how I feel to my husband, I say yeh I've had a lovely day etc and try and stay chatty, even though I don't want to chat mainly because I'm always thinking about why on earth I'm feeling like this. Does this last ever ? Any tips ?

Re: Is this depersonalisarion or depression

Anxiety and depression are often linked and are to some extent the same thing
    Ie unwanted negative thoughts
    Derealisation is your brains attempt to cushion itself from over stressing or over sadness
    The key thing to remember is that extreme anxiety and depression doesn't last as long as you are getting the correct treatment
    And not to be the relationship counsellor here but I don't think you should be lying to your husband or putting on a brave face
    This could be contributing to the anxiety depression derealisation x

Thread Information