Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brain tumor

Exclamation brain tumor

Hi everyone. I think i may have a brain tumor! I have been getting headaches recently that last all day. I wake up and its there and i go to bed and its still there! Not even nurofen shifts it. ive always been prone to headaches but these ones are different! I did a search on the internet and now i think i have a tumor! I keep feeling really nauseous as well as the headaches which is another sign of a brain tumor. I feel really irritable aswell but i dont know if thats just to do with my anxiety. Also i dont know if this has anything to do with it but i feel as though my jaw is aching and i am slurring my speech a lot. I feel really sleepy and my eyes feel funny, the back of my head and neck are aching alot too. Does anybody know the proper facts of a brain tumor coz im starting to get really paranoid now. Im only 22. Surely i cant be dying! Your advice and info would be a great help.

Also can i just add, i get these sharp pains at the side of my head that only last a split second but they knock me for six. And can anybody relate to this? ive had a bad cold on and off for weeks now but has anyone felt that their head is full. Thats what mine feels like and its like i have water in my ears. My cold has gone but this has stayed.

Aly xx
    Last edited by alyb; 20-03-07 at 18:31.

Re: brain tumor

Aly

Have a read on here - I just replied there...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18664

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi!

i dont know if this will help, but my brother started getting constant daily headaches like you, and when he went to docs for tests they found that it was his computer chair that was doing it to him. when he bought a better chair, his headaches went away.

Hi
    sounds more like tension headaches to me, very few brain tumours actually present with headaches,particularly like the ones you describe. I know if you google headaches you will get brain tumour/cancer,but if you were to see a medic with those symptoms it wouldnt be the first thing they would think of.Tension headaches are quite often not relieved by simple analgesia either.Checking out your posture doesnt seem like a bad idea either. Perhaps a massage or some form of relaxation may help relieve the tension.

The most important skill in staying calm
    is not to lose sleep over small issues.
    The second most important skill is to be
    able to view all issues as small issues.

I think you could do with a relaxation massage to relieve the tension you have in your head and neck. The nausea that you have is the anxiety.

The symptoms you (headaches, sharp pains, sore neck etc) have are what I have had and I thought the same as you. It turned to to be just really tight muscles.

Deb

im suffering like this to at the moment. since last week iv been waking up with headache and they seem to be lasting nearly all day. I feel sick, my neck aches and i feel like i cant hold my head up. i feel so tired to. my nose feels really stuffy so its probably to do with that, but like u i start to wonder if its someting more serious.
    I do occasionally get the sharp pains in the side of my head to x

Agree that is sounds like tension headache, I get them too, once had one constantly for 4 weeks!!!

Best to take anti-inflamatry drugs like Ibuprofen and try to relax

I tend to get them in the back of my head and neck and they are horrible so know exactly where you are, I thought it was a brain tumour too, but tend to always go for the worse case scenario!!

It will get better though

Jim

I have exactly the same symtons.
    Have been to the doctorrs 3 times thinking it was a brain tumour and have also had my eyes tested as that can show up abnormalities.
    Started to feel like my speech was sluring and even misjudged a step and fell over.
    The doctor thinks it is a combination of cluster headaches and tension.
    She perscribed amitriptyline which seem to work.
    Yours sounds the same.
    Good luck, think positive it will get better

That could be my post at any time my anxiety is up! I have exactly the same type of symptoms as you describe...After 3 CT scans and an MRI scan just a few months ago I'm having to accept that it is just anxiety.
    (I'm only 24!) My headaches aren't helped by any mediations - the only thing that does help is the application of a heat pack to my neck or the side of my head. Try one of those wheat bag things, they don't take away the pain but they sure do help!
    I won't go into the specifics of brain tumour symptoms (which i have studied for the past 2 years) cos i think its dangerous like "googling", but if you have any questions please feel free to message me. I know what it's like to feel the need to be armed with all of the information out there! Of course, I'm not a professional though, just a professional headache experiencer!!!! Good luck

alyb - did that help?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information