Thread: Finally seeking help

Finally seeking help

Hi all

I have finally decided to "come out" after 20 years dealing with anxiety and self medicating with alcohol in the evening to get me through. The old story of being to ashamed to ask for help as a sign of weakness.

I realise that I cannot sustain the way I was managing my problem and it is comforting to know I am not alone. I miss the person I was before this started, confident, happy and very sociable and miss being able to take part in things most people take for granted. Not sure what changed but it was pretty sudden and debilitating.

I have great kids and need to get better for them. Working and travelling is becoming almost intolerable but force myself every day and inevitably end up exhausted with the mental effort of keeping it together.

I have seen the Dr but am unwilling (scared) to take meds in case they make me worse.

Have been given Diazepam and will give them a try but would appreciate any advice for alternative approaches

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Bob6 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Finally seeking help

Thanks Emmz and good to know there is support out there with like minded souls

Thread Information