Thread: Whooshing in ear

Whooshing in ear

Does anyone get this when they lie down? It's only when I lie down and it depends on what position but I've read it can be really serious and that scares me. I think I've always had it I've just never noticed it and it's never been important enough to worry but now am scared about brain tumors etc and I'm constantly listening to see if I can hear it. It's normally only when I'm in my bed and don't hear it if I'm lying on the sofa or anything. Only in one ear as well

Re: Whooshing in ear

Its totally normal for people to have it when they lay on an ear. The time to see a Dr is when you have 24/7 pulsitile tinnitus. Even then it is very rarely a sign of anything nasty. I developed this 10 years ago and no reason could be found.

Yeah it's never 24/7 only when I'm lying down on my front sometimes or on the side where it happens. Honestly never really aknowledged it before but when I'm anxious it's like wow it feels so loud and horrible which made it worse! Plus I've been choked with the cold and a horrible cough for a while and I'm sure that makes it sound louder too

Rarely someone who gets headaches but after reading about all these brain conditions I've now got a horrible headache that's along my eyebrows and eyes that won't go away even with painkillers:( such an awful feeling I wish all of this could go away

Just shows how much stress comes out physically. You will have been getting all tensed up reading about brain tumours etc and your scalp and neck will have tensed up causing the headache. You could not get a better example!

If you have a cold/bunged up then whoosing etc is almost a definite with ears full of goo.

Hi Aimee, I know this post was a long time ago, but I'm just wondering if this went away? I'm getting the exact same thing when I lay on my front with my head up, I've just had sinusitis and I'm trying to put it down to that, but it's freaking me out!

Hey! It’s never fully went away but much less than what it use to be. I don’t even pay attention to it anymore really. But I’ve read apparently it’s more than likely normal if it happens when you’re lying down.

Thankyou for replying! It's been scaring me alot when you read about what they link it to! Hopefully it's just blocked ears or laying in a funny position!

My left ear started doing that whooshing sound like a week ago. Happens when lay down. Doctor said my ear looked good.

Thread Information