hello everyone, I haven't been on this site in several months however I feel compelled to check in because I've started to worry again.

I'm going to be traveling on a plane in 2 days and I'm extremely nervous becuause I haven't done this since I was a little kid, and I don't really remember that trip. I'm worried about the pressure changes and the fluid in your ears.

I know that the cabin will be pressurized but I'm still a little nervous about my ears popping, I have hated the feeling my entire life and I think I'm so nervous because I know it's from more than going up a large hill/mountain.

my question is this; do you normally have a small amount of fluid in your inner ears? I know when you feel pressure or pain normally, it's because you have too much fluid and you could also have an ear infection. but is any amount normal or should your ears always be clear?

another thing I should mention is that I always have a very faint ringing in my ears. I never notice it normally unless I've been sitting in quiet for a while, and I begin to notice it. and my sinuses are never completely clear. not that it causes a problem, my nose isn't constantly stuffy or anything. but is this normal? does everyone have fluid in their ears and are everyone's sinuses somewhat "filled"?