Hi all,

I am new to this site but was looking for some friendly support/advice and to meet people in a similar situation to me.

I have been suffering anxiety attacks now for around three months and have been put on propranolol by my doctor. I cannot decipher what causes the attacks but I often have a panic attack and then feel sick for several hours after. I have a phobia of vomit and wonder if this is why sickness is such a frequent part of my anxiety? I am really struggling to cope with having anxiety attacks and it is putting a massive strain on my relationship. I feel I am constantly ruining our time together because I can't go out if I feel I might have an attack. My partner has been incredibly supportive however I still feel very isolated at the moment as I do not believe he fully understands what I am feeling. Anxiety to me is a very lonely place.

I have struggled telling my family in some fear that I might have let them down and often struggle at work, having to frequently take time out of the day to calm myself down. I also suffer from ibs and mild ocd.

How do you cope with the day to day stresses of anxiety? And how do you manage/ control it around work and your partners?

Thank you everyone