Thread: Paroxetine making me feel worse

Paroxetine making me feel worse

I started having panic attacks in March when I became really unwell , and things did get better with the propranlol and diazepam for muscle spasms but after Drs changing dosage and acupuncture and feeling unwell again it got worse and . So Drs put me on paroxetine 10mg and I feel awful I try and get up in the morning and I start throwing up , my anxiety is through the roof my body is buzzing so much it feels like it's shaking. All I want to do is cry right now as I have children to look after and I can't even feel like I can look after myself today. Thank god I have family support but I want to do my job as there mother. I don't know if this is how I'm ment to feel or if these are not right for me????

Re: Paroxetine making me feel worse

If they are anti depressants then usually they can make u feel worser before better. They can take up to a month to work proberly. Wen i started mine 3 wks into them i was as uve described. Then all often i started feeling abit better each day and the panic attacks became less and less. I wud give them a month and if ur sti the same go back to the doctor

Thank you for your reply . I am trying to keep myself busy today but keep finding myself starting to feel panicked . I just hate that I have gone backwards . I know I will get there it just feels such a struggle .

10mg is a very low dose, I believe the therapeutic dose for paroxitine is 20mg. How long have you been on the medication for? As Donz says they can take a long time to work - I know he said a month but that really is a conservative estimate, I've been on Citalopram for 4 months and I'm nowhere near "there" yet. They say to give each dose at least 6-12 weeks before you can say there hasn't been any improvement.

Did your doctor give you anything to help with the side effects?

Thread Information