Thread: My Introduction

My Introduction

Hello all,

I've had social anxiety since around 6th grade or so I'd guess. It progressively got worse though high school, college, and then into my professional career. I also developed a sort of deep guilt (possibly PTSD) from an experience I had in high school. After a few years into my career I knew something was wrong where I had trouble talking to people so I searched online and found online CBT help for Social Anxiety and I started it right away. I did it for over 6 months and it changed my life in the best way, I never thought I could feel happy again like that. It almost entirely relieved my guilt and started to put a dent in my Social Anxiety. Then I started dating a girl and started grad school and the CBT gradually got put to the wayside for a few years.

Fast track to two years ago and I got a new job and moved away from home for the first time in my life. On the way to work one morning after taking a fat burner pill I had a major panic attack. That day I developed Panic Disorder. It all came to a head a month after that first panic attack and I had to seek professional help. I was put on Zoloft, Buspar and Ativan for a little while. I also started CBT again. After about 4 months I was off all of the meds (under my doctor's supervision).

Since then I have been doing CBT day in and day out (about a year and a half now). I have definitely noticed major improvements to my mood and overall well being (slowly but surely). However, recently due to an impending layoff, job search, and moving back home I have been highly stressed and am worried about falling back into panic. That's why I'm here today. I'm hoping to find some people to relate to since I haven't personally talked to a single sole who has struggled with what I struggle with. I know many people with Social Anxiety as that seemed to be my main problem before, but once panic joined the party it has been at the forefront of my problems.

Cheers.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya strong and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: My Introduction

Hello!

It's so good to hear someone apply themselves to a form of therapy! Glad it's working for you that's fantastic. I got over panics with some CBT and advice from people on here too but I still struggle with social anxiety. That's taking me a lot longer to iron out.

Life dips can certainly put a spanner in the works. I just keep doing what works and stay as positive as I can. Even if I don't feel positive, I know the difference between doing something that will help me and something that won't.
    And don't be scared to ask for advice or get things off your chest or whatever you need on here when you feel bad.

Re: My Introduction

Hello and to the forum.

Thread Information