I've had recurring issues with Vertigo, which my doctor now believes is Meniere's. I've tried a couple other medications without any relief in symptoms so now he's prescribed me 2mg Valium. I actually had a dose of Valium in a hospital a few weeks ago when they suspected I might have a blood clot, and remember feeling fairly good for the 24 hours after that, but they also gave me various other drugs.

I took my first dose last night around 9:00pm, and had a really restless sleep. By around 9:00 am I started to feel like my chest is tight and like I have lots of anxiety and restlessness. Is this a normal side effect? Is it something that is lessened as you get used to it? Would it be better to take in the morning than before bed? My doctor didn't really specify when tot take it. I'm also feeling really cold, but I imagine that's just a normal side effect.

While I don't typically suffer from anxiety, I do have anxiety about medical issues like ongoing vertigo. (Mostly because I have immediate family members with extreme medical conditions and I'm always afraid any symptoms are the first sign I'm headed for the same issues). I was expecting this would at least help me be less anxious about the vertigo, even if it didn't actually relieve it, but instead it has me feeling pretty awful and anxious. I'm now torn on whether I want to take my second dose.

I do also take amitriptyline daily for tension headaches, but the pharmacist said the interaction might just make me more sleepy than usual