Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantom smells

Re: Phantom smells

But if you are planning to fly to South Korea and you tell the doctor that you fear you have a brain tumour they are going to have to give you a diagnostic scan because of the risk involved in air travel

She said she wasn't worried and that it was highly unlikely but did say I should make appointment with GP to rule anything. Mixed feelings

You got seen at a walk in within a half hour? Must be a record.

I went at this time because it's quiert

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

It's the 'you should get it checked out' comment she said

Well you should do if you are planning to fly to South Korea. I would.

In case it is a brain Tumor?

I think you have to challenge yourself on this one. Do you honestly think you have a brain tumour? Do you honestly want to put yourself through having a brain scan? Do you honestly think your symptoms will magically disappear when you get to South Korea? What do you want to do next?

I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Do you honestly...?
    Irony.

Well in light of this story, are you going to make an appointment with your GP?

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    I don't know
    So lets see. You have linked the following to brain tumours;

Getting pissed drunk and hitting your boyfriend. This was percieved by you as a personality change linked to a tumour.

We ALL have personality changes when drunk. Some become happier, some become angrier, some get naked and dance with statues in the town centre (never doing that again).

A nightmare was percieved by you to be a seizure.

Again, we ALL have nightmares. If everyone who had a nightmare went to the doctors for an explanation of it, our healthcare system would crumble overnight.

Phantom smells linked by you to olfactory hallucinations.

This is the strangest one. You say you smell things that aren't there, but you also say that you can't smell them if you "close your nostril". Olfactory hallucinations are caused by a malfunction in the olfactory region of the brain. If these were indeed olfactory hallucinations, you would STILL smell them regardless of whether or not your nostril was open. It is a brain malfunction, it has nothing to do with your nose.

These are just some of the ridiculous things you've linked to brain tumours. You are utterly determined to find something, anything, to worry about. Please take note of what I've written and try to notice how absurd your thinking patterns are.

[QUOTE=MyNameIsTerry;1580404]Does anyone remember all the stuff by Admin about not getting upset and moving on? Just a tip.

You're not insane, Reb. None of us are on here, we wouldn't be on here if we because you wouldn't know.

Are you planning on talking to a GP about your anxiety? Seeing them about the context of the anxiety will just be more reassurance. By all means tell them the fears BUT don't allow them to start marching down the path of tests because they will simply side-line your anxiety issues and waste time & money to achieve nothing.[/QQU

Terry,you are right Reb or anyone of us is not insane.
    I just can't understand the mean things some people say to her,I know she posts a lot about her fears,but why keep on and on,maybe just don't entertain her,i t is obvious that you all have tried to give advice to no avail,so let it go she will find her way.

Spose I'll get a tongue lashing now for putting down how I feel.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information