Thread: Mole biopsy results -still worried

Mole biopsy results -still worried

Hi all,

I posted a few days ago about my husbands mole biopsy. The results today showed that the mole was "mildly atypical" and they used the word pre cancerous. They said for mild atypical they monitor closely and don't remove the rest. Anyone Have this? I hear pre cancer and I think it should all come out!!

Re: Mole biopsy results -still worried

I've had several atypical/pre-cancerous moles frozen off without biopsy and have had no issues at all.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I've had several atypical/pre-cancerous moles frozen off without biopsy and have had no issues at all.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks Fish!

Is it Crazy for me to think they have to dig out all the pre cancer so it can never turn into cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Loken11 View Post
    Thanks Fish!

Is it Crazy for me to think they have to dig out all the pre cancer so it can never turn into cancer?
    Yep... being that it will be monitored, all is good. Taking it off now helps to eliminate the chance of it turning. He's good! Heck, you should have seen the black raisin I just had frozen off! ~lol~

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Yep... being that it will be monitored, all is good. Taking it off now helps to eliminate the chance of it turning. He's good! Heck, you should have seen the black raisin I just had frozen off! ~lol~

Positive thoughts

Lol! Thanks again!

I've been looking for your update, it sounds like he's good.
    Didn't they cut it off when they did the biopsy?
    My niece had one with the same diagnosis, that was long, long ago, she never had another problem with it.
    I'm glad you encouraged him to go.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    I've been looking for your update, it sounds like he's good.
    Didn't they cut it off when they did the biopsy?
    My niece had one with the same diagnosis, that was long, long ago, she never had another problem with it.
    I'm glad you encouraged him to go.
    Thanks for thinking of me Nancy. They did a shave biopsy but I was assuming there was more under the service that should be taken out. They explained they do do that if the atypical-Ness is moderate or severe but his is mild. I was just hoping to take it all out and be done- but from what I am reading it seems normal.

My husband is a stage 3b melanoma survivor so I get the fear involved. It's not like you are sitting on a time bomb. Worst case scenario, it changes in size, shape, or started to hurt or bleed then he goes back and gets it removed. Even stage 1 cancer just calls for it to be removed and the surrounding border checked to make sure it's clear!
    The word cancer, even with pre in front of it, can really be scary! If you have any questions you can PM me if you need someone to vent to
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

I know you just want it cut out and be done with it... "monitor" it allows for continued anxiety.

If it's something you and he can't let go, I would ask to have the rest of it removed.

Thread Information