Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A thought on recent postings

A thought on recent postings

A couple of weeks ago i posted on this HA board and got Zero, nada responses.

Someone else posts several new threads over a week about the same issues and received multiple responses.

I am guilty of replying to that person but hey, I may aswell as nobody listens to me or other people's posts so it uses up a bit of time while I'm worried about my own symptoms.

I try and help others on posts in which i can relate to.

Please can we
    1. Have some thought for other people's posts who may be getting ignored? Maybe answer those instead if you can relate or offer support?

2. Ask the person posting multiple times per week on the same issue to stop making new threads and keep them in one thread - mods can you do this? It would help to stop the congestion on the board and other threads getting ignored.

3. I suffer HA and have my own issues going on currently , I'm also being investigated for a potential cancer, I've spoken to a handful of lovely people on here and ux like to say thank you for the presence of this website, and to keep it going.

Re: A thought on recent postings

I often go through the posts to see if there are any unanswered ones. I then try to answer, even if it is just a few words of comfort. There's nothing worse than your post going unanswered when, as you say, someone else posts multiple times and gets numerous replies over and over again.

I agree in regards to the replies. I think we've all experienced our own threads going unanswered though I don't think it's anything personal. Over in the depression forum replies are quite often scarce.

Very valid. I was thinking the same thing earlier, and I have been replying too - against my better judgement.

A timely reminder how easily frustration can work against the greater good of everyone. I hope you get the responses you need, and that things go well in the current investigations.

It's a phenomenon I see on internet forums as well as the comments section of various news sites. I like to call it the "Gawker" reaction and I'm as guilty of it as anyone. People tend to stop, look and react to the real train wrecks as opposed to the fender benders.

There are a few currently that would require a high level of self restraint to put on the blinders and move on. As much as we want to help, there comes a time when you have to move on and realize nothing anyone can say will change anything. Sadly, it often ends up in frustrated members bickering between themselves. Oddly however, any answer on the thread, be it negative, positive or totally off the subject still feeds the OP's beast and need for attention. As always, even in real life, it's up to the individual to be their own self advocate and make the decision to change and work at their healing.

Unfortunately, it's been that way since the beginning and there are no easy solutions. Abstinence from replying and self control are the ways to move past it and ultimately, it could force the the person to take control for themselves.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 06-08-16 at 20:20.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It all boils down to "he/she who makes the most noise gets the most attention". It's like this in all walks of life. There are no "prizes" for soldiering on and trying your best against all odds. If you make a fuss it gets you noticed, albeit negatively.

I posted on here the other day and got no responses. I felt worse than if I hadn't posted at all. I don't come here often now, but when I used to be here a lot, I would never post without answering a few other people's posts at the same time. I guess it's one of those things, but I know how you feel. When you're in a really anxious state, you feel like when you have zero replies it must be because everyone actually thinks that you really do have the thing you fear!

Personally I think HA makes a lot of people fundamentally selfish. I always know I'm recovering when I start looking outwards and trying to help others rather than focusing my negative energy inwards.

I think it's good practice to answer 2/3 posts minium for every new one you post. Force yourself to think of others. I know this doesn't apply to everyone.

Xxx

Bump.

Sadly, there are also a lot of takers and very few givers on the forum. It is generally the same people either posting for help time and time again, or answering others. It is just very imbalanced in this sense.

From a personal point of view, I can only reply to other member's posts when I can relate/have been through the same/feel I can offer real help and advice, etc. I am also guilty of overlooking posts for this reason, but so often I just don't feel able to respond with any genuine help.

Another thing that often happens too is that sometimes people are struggling so much to get their own mental health issues reigned in again that they take breaks from the forum or are just not feeling well enough to contribute. I haven't been answering much lately on the forum for this exact reason, as my depression and anxiety have flared badly the past few weeks.

It is demoralising not to receive responses, I know. x

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information