Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A thought on recent postings

Re: A thought on recent postings

From an Admin point of view.....

The busiest part of the forum is the HA forum which makes the threads move really quite fast to the bottom of the page to top the bottom of the active topics. so a lot of the time members don't see the thread if it doesn't get any replies...... if you bump your thread up las has been done with this one then it will move it back up to the top of the HA forum and you may then get replies

Beautiful avatar Picture Debs

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Yes I can relate. I've posted threads with genuine concerns regarding medications and had no responses. But I am also guilty of reading the 'train wreck' threads (as Fishman put it) and commenting on those. I think we all have a bit of curiosity about these things and just can't help it.

I do my best to offer support on other threads too as I feel it needs to be give and take. Also that's how you build relationships on here.

Just wondering - what was the subject of your post? Sometimes I think certain subject matter in posts gets less response than others.

N.

I am sorry that your post was not commented on. That's not a good feeling. I am however really glad to see the positive feedback on this post. I'm on another HA forum that a post like this would have just started drama from the bullies. This is such a better forum.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsparkleshine View Post
    I am sorry that your post was not commented on. That's not a good feeling. I am however really glad to see the positive feedback on this post. I'm on another HA forum that a post like this would have just started drama from the bullies. This is such a better forum.
    Very good point. There are a lot of thinkers (not reactors) on this site that's for sure.

N.

Thank you everyone for your replies.
    I know I will make a conscious effort to support more unanswered threads.
    I just hope when new people visit this board, they aren't put off by some of the recent threads.
    99% of people on here are genuine and grateful for the support given.

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post

The busiest part of the forum is the HA forum which makes the threads move really quite fast to the bottom of the page to top the bottom of the active topics. so a lot of the time members don't see the thread if it doesn't get any replies...... if you bump your thread up las has been done with this one then it will move it back up to the top of the HA forum and you may then get replies

Although I understand there is a very limited moderator presence on this forum, and that they are sufferers too, if numerous threads are opened, all linked, then can they not just be moved so there is one consecutive thread?
    All posts are important to whoever posts them, I acknowledge that, but these actions (and I'm guilty of responding too) ensure that other posts are pushed further down the board. Can admin not take some action to steer this in a better direction?

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

*bumped*, hopefully for admin attention. Your input is needed here.

Bump....

The best way to alert us to threads that you think could be merged is to "report" them and in the comments suggest we merge them and we will have a look.

We can't read every forum post to be honest as there are just too many to handle.

There are admins on here every day. I personally am not but then I am dealing with the background side of things as well like banning spammers that either get reported to us or we find.

Thanks

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post

Thank you very much for your kind words, venus. xxx

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information