Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A thought on recent postings

Re: A thought on recent postings

Quote Originally Posted by Mercime View Post
    Although I understand there is a very limited moderator presence on this forum
    I kind of taken exception to that, I for one have been on the forum daily for the past 4 years, even when I have worked all day till about 10pm..... apart from a couple of weeks where I had to take a break from it mentally when Nic and I were in discussion with the police due to a hate campaign set up against us and also when we both received hate mail to our home address! (no not looking for sympathy just pointing out there are other things that happen behind the scenes)

So please rest assured that there is just about always an admin presence on the forum, but we could be off doing other things, like spammers or dealing with ex members with a grudge, changing names on accounts, dealing with chat room complaints and a lot more...... just because we are not 'visable' does not mean we aren't there, but it does mean that sometimes it does mean we rely on people reporting posts to us so we can deal with them if necessary...... the little triangle on the top right of posts is the report button.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    like banning spammers that either get reported to us or we find.
    Just counted them 117 in the past few weeks lol
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 07-08-16 at 13:17.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by debs71 View Post
    Thank you very much for your kind words, venus. xxx
    you are welcome Debs x

Would you consider appointing an admin member purely to monitor the HA board and nothing else?

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    I kind of taken exception to that, I for one have been on the forum daily for the past 4 years, even when I have worked all day till about 10pm..... apart from a couple of weeks where I had to take a break from it mentally when Nic and I were in discussion with the police due to a hate campaign set up against us and also when we both received hate mail to our home address! (no not looking for sympathy just pointing out there are other things that happen behind the scenes)

So please rest assured that there is just about always an admin presence on the forum, but we could be off doing other things, like spammers or dealing with ex members with a grudge, changing names on accounts, dealing with chat room complaints and a lot more...... just because we are not 'visable' does not mean we aren't there, but it does mean that sometimes it does mean we rely on people reporting posts to us so we can deal with them if necessary...... the little triangle on the top right of posts is the report button.

Just counted them 117 in the past few weeks lol
    I'm sorry if you have taken exception to my comment but I'm not sure why? I used my words carefully, and was not accusatory. I referred to admin "presence" and by that I mean a visible presence, wasn't it clear? I see very little posts from admin, very rarely see anybody online, so I'm not sure what has offended you. I realise that admin are sufferers themselves, and included that in my comment.

It was specific, I asked if it wouldn't be possible to put repetitive threads in one post, to avoid other posts being sidelined as they disappear down the forum. Would this be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Would you consider appointing an admin member purely to monitor the HA board and nothing else?
    I will let Nic answer this one Pulisa as she is the one best to answer she has gone to get some lunch

The HA board must be a nightmare for you to monitor along with everything else. At the moment it's particularly chaotic so that was why I made the suggestion. It wouldn't be an easy job though. Anyway, just a suggestion..

Quote Originally Posted by Mercime View Post
    I'm sorry if you have taken exception to my comment but I'm not sure why? I used my words carefully, and was not accusatory. I referred to admin "presence" and by that I mean a visible presence, wasn't it clear? I see very little posts from admin, very rarely see anybody online, so I'm not sure what has offended you. I realise that admin are sufferers themselves, and included that in my comment.

It was specific, I asked if it wouldn't be possible to put repetitive threads in one post, to avoid other posts being sidelined as they disappear down the forum. Would this be possible?
    I was just trying to say there is a lot going on behind the scenes that means we are not always visable and most of us have our accounts set to invisable and we do not show up on the online list.. that is mainly again because of the ex members and other things

We constantly ask if people can keep thier similar posts to one thread and unfortunately this is mostly not listened too..... if you feel that a memeber is constantly posting about the same topic then please report irt and tell us the reason and we will look into it and probably merge the threads.

As you know we have a lot of subforums that threads can go into and again members do not seem to post in and choose to post oin the HA forum instead..... if we see them we will move them to the relevant forums but again if you see them and think they would be better elsewhere then report them for us to look at and move.

Th HA forum has always been a bone of contention on NMP as it never was meant to be about that and always Anxiety and panic attacks..... but obviously HA is now becoming more prevelant as more people become aware of it so it is the most used part of the forum as you can probably tell,

We have always been looking at ways to solve the questions you are asking and there has been many threads about it in the past, we have added sub forums and other things to try to help the problems in the HA forum but some members just seem to post in the HA forum no matter what they are posting about.... which if we see we do move.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes and things do get missed....NMP is a large community and one we are all part of from Admins down to those who have just joined and we are all here for the same reason............we do rely on people in the community helping to make sure NMP is a place where everyone is included and where everyone is happy to be. Please if you see anything that you think can be merged or moved then report it to help us in acheiving that.

sorry I have written an essay lol

Thank you for the reply. I do realise and understand there is much work behind the scenes. Pulisa's suggestion is a good one but understand it must be difficult with everyone working behind the scenes. Your suggestion of reporting to have posts merged has been noted, thank you.

Hi Mercime

I spend many hours on here every day, probably far more hours than I ought to.

Like many of the other admins I do not advertise my presence on the site but I am here.

I have not contributed to the threads in question as I have done this in the past. I found myself getting frustrated by the conversation and decided to remove myself from them for my own sanity.

Likewise I get frustrated when I take the time out to try and re-assure someone and they ignore me completely.

It is not always as easy as merging threads and we do also have to be careful not to cause additional anxiety to members.

If you are finding yourself getting frustrated the best thing to do is to skip threads.

It is incredibly hard to keep an eye on all threads on the forum as well as everything else so as has already been stated we really appreciate it when members take the time to alert us.

Hope this makes sense, another reason I don't post much, sometimes thoughts go through my head quicker than I can form them into coherent responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    sometimes thoughts go through my head quicker than I can form them into coherent responses.
    I had to giggle at that Elen My wife does something similar. She'll be thinking about something and then she'll say something to me already about 6 sentences into her thought and it's like "Huh?" "What in the world are you talking about?" ~lol~

Like today, we had been talking about what we would do for dinner (we decided to grill shish-ka-bob). About an hour later we were talking about something else and out of the blue she says, "I'll cut the peppers into chunks." In her mind she was going over what we needed to do and left out that part! ~lol~

Anyway.... The elephant in the room is obvious and we all know who and what we're talking about here. The simple and unfortunately most compassionate way forward is to move on and not continue to respond when it's obvious it's not going to help.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information