Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day four restarting Citalopram (20mg)

Unhappy Day four restarting Citalopram (20mg)

I've restarted my citalopram (20mg), this is day four. I have this constant tight feeling in my throat that makes it hard to swallow, forcing myself to eat two small slices of toast this morning was horrible. I also feel extra anxious, and I have to forcibly distract myself from bad thoughts. I am hoping it's just a physical side effect that'll wear off, and not that my anxiety is getting out of hand again.

And I have to go to work :( not cool. Today and tomorrow, then I am off for a week and a half visiting my family. I just need to make it through.

I hate this so much.

Re: Day four restarting Citalopram (20mg)

The beginning can be hard starting these meds. Did it help you in the past? If so, hold onto that to get through the start up. Increased anxiety is common at the beginning, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Unknown View Post
    I've restarted my citalopram (20mg), this is day four. I have this constant tight feeling in my throat that makes it hard to swallow, forcing myself to eat two small slices of toast this morning was horrible. I also feel extra anxious, and I have to forcibly distract myself from bad thoughts. I am hoping it's just a physical side effect that'll wear off, and not that my anxiety is getting out of hand again.

And I have to go to work :( not cool. Today and tomorrow, then I am off for a week and a half visiting my family. I just need to make it through.

I hate this so much.
    I'm on the same boat. Day 3, taking my third dose very soon. Returning to work and its a daunting feeling.

Stay strong though. We'll get through it!

Stick with it its does get easyier and has changed me for the better.please dont give up on them

I'm on day 7, restarting on 20mg after having been on 40mg for several years previously. I'm finding myself feeling groggy most of the time and extremely physically anxious for a few hours a day, on the verge of panic which is exhausting. I seem to be able to eat and have an appetite, which I couldn't the last time round at this point, but feel nauseous in my mouth after eating and gag quite often for no reason.

Thanks for the responses guys. These side effects are horrible, I get extreme anxiety at points in the day and my throat still feels tight. It's worst when I first wake up, and since I wake up at night often anyway it means I can't sleep well. I have a type of benzo pill too, but I won't take that when I have to work as I work directly with customers and if I am drowsy that's a problem. One more day, then I can!

It's helpful to see that I am not alone! I hope all of us can feel better soon. Now I have to make myself eat some toast...ugh.

I hope we all feel better soon...
    take care
    Sxx

One more day before I have a break from work, one more day. I am trying to be strong but the heightened anxiety is really hard.

Day 8. Yesterday I sat in my car convinced I was too sick to work. I was shaking, couldn't breathe properly, felt sick and retching. The moment I walked into work and started doing stuff it all vanished. I felt fine. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by JosieLouise View Post
    Day 8. Yesterday I sat in my car convinced I was too sick to work. I was shaking, couldn't breathe properly, felt sick and retching. The moment I walked into work and started doing stuff it all vanished. I felt fine. Bizarre.
    I managed to pull through work too, it's weird, I wish I could control it myself! Today I am up with morning anxiety, and have to pack for a flight. I am scared that my family will worry about me when they notice that I don't eat much and am a little off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information