Thread: Introduction and looking for advice on plans and too much going on

Introduction and looking for advice on plans and too much going on

Hi, I'm Lucy, I'm 19 from Canada. I have social anxiety, I think generalized too (have yet to see someone about it) and dissociative identity disorder, and I'm on no meds at all.

I'm here mainly because for as long as I can remember I've dealt with anxiety and recently things have gotten worse, and multiple things have me more and more anxious/scared. Some of this has led to me wanting to cancel a trip even though we leave wednesday (tomorrow while I'm writing this) and I'm looking for how I can either get over the anxiety of the trip itself, or at least get past the anxiety of telling people I'm not going.

On top of the trip itself, other things have piled up and I'm just trying not to be too overwhelmed at this point because that's all I can do, and any advice about getting over general anxiety about problems and not being overwhelmed would be greatly appreciated as well.

-Lucy

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Oddlydistinctweeds and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Introduction and looking for advice on plans and too much going on

Hi Lucy, isolating yourself and not going places may feel like the right thing to do right now, but it will only let your anxiety win another battle. The more you let it take control over where you go, who you talk to, etc the more you get lost in anxiety. It's so hard to force yourself but keep going. When you get back go to a doctor or a therapist. You'll need support (and possibly medication) to begin healing. I tried for four years to overcome derealization and didn't succeed. I'm on a path to wellness with medication and therapy. Good luck!!!

Re: Introduction and looking for advice on plans and too much going on

Thank you for that. I'm currently looking for therapists although none have gotten back yet. I'm open to therapy but in no way medications (doctor lied about side effects), and I guess I don't know if what I feel about going places is mainly anxiety based or being rightfully cautious about the other condition or if it's both.

I hope all goes well on your path to wellness

Thread Information