Thread: mirt making me depressed

mirt making me depressed

So I recently started mirtazapine at the 7.5mg dose, whilst also on pregabalin 150mg/day, the idea being I would then come off the preg once the anxiolytic effect kicked in.

First week was fine, sedation manageable, and a possible mood enhancing effect on a couple of days, though that may have been unrelated. After a week, I went up to 15mg, since then (and actually a little bit on the day before I moved up the dose) I've been feeling really depressed. This is not really like me. I feel anxious a lot but very rarely depressed.

At first I thought it was something unconscious but now I'm sure it's the drug. Doing a search I read similar stories on here. I have phoned GP and now waiting for a call back to discuss it. I can't go in there until Friday. Do you lot think it would be alright to stop it cold turkey, or should I taper back to 7.5mg first? I have been on it for 11 days (4 on the 15mg dose).

Re: mirt making me depressed

You have only been on the increased dose 4 days. Give it a bit more time. Four days of feeling a bit down is nothing.

Re: mirt making me depressed

thanks for the reply. It's not just a bit down though. Feel really angry, despairing, hopeless. Am going to have to come off them I think, I just wonder whether I need to taper or not. If anyone has any idea I'd appreciate it. The doctor phoned back at the very time I wa s on the phone to the mental health crisis team (who were no help) so I have not been able to speak to them today, and no hope of doing so now.

Thread Information