Thread: Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Hey everyone,
    I've just been diagnosed with anxiety and stumbled across this website, it seems great so I thought I'd register. I'll try to keep this as brief as possible!
    I'm 24 and am in what I had always considered to be my dream job, although now I am reconsidering as I believe it to be the root of my anxiety! It's highly stressful and involves working long hours for a pretty low salary.
    Over the past week I have been to A&E twice with breathing difficulties which started with (what I now realise to have been) a panic attack. I've had numerous tests including bloods, ECG, chest x-ray etc which have all come back negative so was referred to my GP. Had an appointment this morning which was rather brief and just ended in the doctor giving me some meds and no other advice on what to do now. He didn't even formally diagnose me at all, just seemed to agree that it sounds like anxiety.
    So I guess I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed and would be nice to talk to people that are going through the same thing!
    Thanks guys! Xx

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Catlady22 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Hi everyone!

welcome catlady.

I started getting panic attacks again about 6 weeks ago. they really suck.

hopefully your gp and medication will help.

I don't really have any useful advice as I haven't found a solution yet unfortunately.

Re: Hi everyone!

Hello and welcome! Glad you found us

Maybe seek some more medical support? Your Dr really should have talked to you about it. You can ask to see a different Dr or maybe there are some local services in your area that could help x

Thread Information