Thread: Scan on lump

Scan on lump

I've been obsessed with a lump on my upper inner thigh (in that gap between the inner thigh and vagina, sorry TMI). It feels as if someone has sliced me open, placed a frozen pea inside, and sewn me back up. It is hard, yet moves and feels as if it's suspended in my skin and not attached to anything. It is completely painless.

I've had it for just over two months. I saw a doctor last week who sent me for a blood test (no results yet) and also an ultra-sound on the lump which is next Thursday. After the ultra-sound I have to wait 5 days before visiting the Doctor again. I am absolutely terrified of the scan. Usually when I worry about bumps and lumps, the Doctor has a feel of it and I'm usually fine, but the fact I'm being sent for a scan makes me think it's serious. Has anyone got any words of reassurance or had anything similar? Thanks. x

Re: Scan on lump

If you mean in your groin I too have a pea type lump there. I was told it would be ligament.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Also. If you were visibly worried in the appointment they may have sent you for the scan just for reassurance.

Re: Scan on lump

Thanks, I wasn't too worried at first because it's almost self-contained and suspended, and if it was dangerous, surely it would be growing from something. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long for the scan and the results.

Thread Information